Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 01:51 PM
Avid

Default Re: DUC drops the ball yet again ... BOO!

Well, I'm paid, but we don't monitor the DUC 24/7, which is why it's still called the 'User Conference'.

Seriously, though - there are some extremely knowledgeable people here (dare I call them 'experts'?) who are more than willing to help once we have the necessary info. No one is here to make anyone jump through any more hoops than absolutely necessary.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Seems to be online now...
www.sisoftware.com
That looks like a generic search page, not a SiSoft site. I'd stick with the UK address. Edit: http://www.sisoftware.net works.

Also, jeffg_81, as had already been mentioned, while DigiTechSupt may wander through these forums every now and again, for the most part we are all just PT users like yourself. It's not our fault you're having trouble, so be nice and people will be happy to help if they can. Good luck.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
No one is here to make anyone jump through any more hoops than absolutely necessary.
Very true.
It's also true that there are quite a few knowledgeable people who never come here to help anymore.
Attitudes like Jeff's have a tendency of running well meaning volunteers away.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:50 PM

Now that the excitement is over I can go back and RTFM again.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:43 PM

There's a Manual?!?!?!

I don't like the way reading it implies that I don't know everything already.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Thank you

Quote:

Right now, that is the only thing I want in this entire world, honestly. We just want to record the music on which we've worked so hard.

Then next time, hire someone who knows what they're doing.
Do you want to be an engineer or a musician.
I guess for some reason you thought you could buy some gear, and know how it all works right away.
if you knew what you were doing, you would have figured out in advance what you needed, which components, and how to ake it all work together.
And the first problem, you start yellign and screaming about a 3rd party website that Digi has no control over.

Now, everyone knows, I'll be the first to complain when there's a real problem.
But this is simply ridiculous.

I'll be surprised if it doesn't take you another month to figure otu how to start recording.

We won't even talk about mic'ing techniques or production skills.

IMDB Credits
Old 03-02-2007, 09:59 PM

Default Re: Thank you

Quote:
And the first problem, you start yellign and screaming about a 3rd party website that Digi has no control over.

Actually... Digi does have control. Ever see a thread deleted? I see your point though, that for the most part, it is just us users here helping other users.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:36 AM

Lets admit that there is a problem here. I had a minor compatibility issue once, trying to make my MBox 2 work on my Acer laptop, and apparently I was extremely fortunate for having an almost fully compatible laptop.

I learned that scary truth later, after seeing more than one example of people picking Dell laptops from Digidesign's own compatibility list and having them not working at all.

I'm not expecting any reply, this is a simple message to Digidesign. Customer support is bad, even for HD users, and I'm sorry for saying here what the company already knows. And I do understand if Dell paid a certain amount of money to be featured more in the compatibility list, that's common business practice, I'm not offended by it and I understand the way the market works.

But at least don't trick people. $500 or even $300 is a lot of money to some folks, and getting a new laptop is sometimes not an option. For you it may be just minus 1 client, but morally it's just wrong.

Thank you, that's all.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:49 AM

Jeff,

I've been where you are. It sucks...bad. Music does not like to wait for a computer to work. The money you had the day before is gone and you aren't getting anything for it.

When I first bought PT, I had no idea what I was jumping into. I assumed it was just like any other computer program in that you'd just slap it on your computer and go.

I guess you could say it was my fault for not finding this out ahead of time, but why would I think differently really? The guy at Guitar Center could have said something like, "Dude...you know you will have to build a computer to make this work, right?" ...But you know...it might be better that he didn't because that may have scared me off buying it. And I don't regret buying it. ...Now.

I don't know how customer service works now, but back then you had a month to call them and get help. Since it took me a month to: find this forum, figure out I needed to build a computer, order all the parts, and build the computer...I was SOL there.

You may be upset now...but trust me, you will eventually fall down and worship these guys on this forum. They are the one and ONLY reason I am a happy PT user today. They just bailed me out of a problem I had this week. ...Or at least I think I'm bailed out of it. And if I'm not, they'll help me get there.

I really do know where you are coming from. But you are so going to want to re-word everything you said later on. The DUC rocks, and that's all there is to it.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:

I guess you could say it was my fault for not finding this out ahead of time, but why would I think differently really? The guy at Guitar Center could have said something like, "Dude...you know you will have to build a computer to make this work, right?" ...But you know...it might be better that he didn't because that may have scared me off buying it. And I don't regret buying it. ...Now.

That was your irst mistake.
You went to a store where you knew yo'd get the best deal. And boguht it from soemone who probably doesn't even know how to spell computer. Let alone be abel to put one together.

If you are new to computer and computer recording, then get your gear from dealers that have properly trained staff. Insted fo a store where the turn aroudn averages an employee a week.
I know, becaseu workign at GC was the first job I had when I moved to the US. Iworked there for little over a year and was an assistant manager when I left. And they litterlay went throug more than 52 employees the year I was there.

IMDB Credits