Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2015, 09:07 AM

Default Re: FAQ Mixed messages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchwood Studios View Post
THE FAQ section says a NEW HDX system I purchased last week does not come with a support plan or HD 12 I need to buy a $599 in addition to $8000.00 I already spent.
That seems a little out of line and over the top.
Then If decide not to buy a annual plan (Before Dec 31, 2015) I can never upgrade my HD software.
I would say that qualifies as a mixed message
It's not. They're two separate statements.

The second says you need a support plan to get updates and you have until a certain date to get one.

The first says you don't get the support plan by buying a new product (this year).

The two aren't mutually exclusive or even confusing in my opinion. Just not what the customers want obviously.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:12 AM

The confusion comes from not getting a support plan with a NEW product purchase but rather for an additional $599. Why? Just because?

HD users need answers and explanations. Sooner rather than later.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:37 AM

Quote:
THE FAQ section says a NEW HDX system I purchased last week does not come with a support plan or HD 12 I need to buy a $599 in addition to $8000.00 I already spent.
On this I totally agree!

Quote:
Then If decide not to buy a annual plan (Before Dec 31, 2015) I can never upgrade my HD software.
Almost agree... it would be easier to understand (less antagonistic IMO) if a new HD system came with a one year support plan form date of purchase. That said - in the new model - no support plan by year end = frozen software (whatever that eventually turns out to mean for the HD crowd).
Design Engineer: http://www.propowerinc.com/resume.html
Old 03-19-2015, 02:23 PM

So, what is the warranty for? If I buy a new system Jan. 2 2016 do I get a support plan for THAT year? What is the procedure going to be if the magic smoke gets out of my new Omni for some reason? If I'm on a support plan do I have to buy an ASC if I've used it because there was an issue when I was setting the rig up? Will ASC's be a thing of the past?

Say you're an HDX owner and you want to sell your rig and you've bought a support plan. Go read the fine print, actually it's right there in the open...read what it says.

I'm in the process of transacting the sale of my rig and AVID has mismanaged the updating of my email address. I got a rig, moved and had to set up a new email address. Opened two registration cases, one for each account and had them change them to the new ones. But the stupid database didn't propagate the changes. Now I don't have access to my ASC so I can't fill out the Transfer Of Ownership form. I don't know how long the buyer will stay engaged before they move on, but we'll see. Tomorrow is Friday, followed by the weekend. It's looking like the earliest I'll be able to continue with this madness is Monday, when I could have had the transaction tied up and completed if not for AVID's convoluted rewritten procedures.

Mixed Messages? Got a whole bunch more...
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:31 PM

Quote:

Man that better not be true......this is unbelievable if this is true....horrible extortion mob tactics - if it's true
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Man that better not be true......this is unbelievable if this is true....horrible extortion mob tactics - if it's true
It's right there in the FAQ, in black and white.
I own an HD system and this is why I'm trying to sell it...if you want further proof of retardation at the policy making level, read the Transfer Of Ownership pdf, look at what you have to go through to even sell your OWN gear and the caveat if you DID buy a plan with HD hardware and want to sell now...
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 03-19-2015, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We did respond - added on to the FAQ, added links to the posts, then replied to the thread (so anyone that subscribed to the thread should have been notified). Additional answers are in progress. You even posted after my post, so I'm not sure why you didn't see that.

Regards,
JC
Well, that is why I asked JFreak to create the thread in the stickies so AVID and the user base didn't have to fish through these threads.

Thanks
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables
Old 03-19-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
It must be true it's posted in the FAQ section.
I think this whole roll out is some very bad corporate communications.
Long time high end customers are not going to like it. and instead of getting some kind of upgrade they will not be buying into it.
Then again there are the other customers who totally ignore all of this stuff and and upgrade very 6 or 7 years years when their computer dies.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:14 PM

Default FAQ Mixed messages

I guess most of the top end customers are just going to join in and pay the money

Kinda takes HD out of small operations....

Sad really, b/c I really wanted a HDN Omni package...but can get one right now...the low latency and buffer setting while tracking is soooooo tempting
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Yep, why I stopped from buying ANYTHING AVID this year. I'm not the only one.
Within my peers here in LA , AVID has lose a nice 6 figure purchase across a number of users.

And as it sounds, that will grow. You can return the HDX too.
EFI flashed 580 GPU
3 card PCI-e expansion chassis.
Avid Artist Control
Apollo 8 Quad, Satellite Quad, Octo Card
Cranesong Avocet Monitor System.
WireWorld ProAudio Cables