Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 PM

Default what plugins do i need for my HD3

so i am getting my HD3 after 4 days and i know i get a lot of plugings with it and i just got the ssl plugin .
So i whas thinking what plugins do i relay need beside the plugins that i get with the system what plugins are you conting on on day to day bases .
I know i will need autotuner but what more do i need .
Maby it is good to have not so many and get to know them well .

Hlynur
Old 03-24-2006, 10:20 AM

Default Re: what plugins do i need for my HD3

Quote:

Maby it is good to have not so many and get to know them well .

This is good advice. Get familiar with your system. Buy new plug-ins as you discover a need for them.

Mark
Old 03-24-2006, 11:26 AM

Some of my favorites are, Serato Pitch n' Time, Cranesong Phoenix, Sony Dynamics, Eventide Anthology II, SoundToys TDM Bundle.
Old 03-24-2006, 12:11 PM

we use the McDSP stuff (MC2000, FilterBank & CompressorBank) all the time. Waves- IR reverb and Metaflanger.
Old 03-24-2006, 09:17 PM

>i know i get a lot of plugings with it and i just got the ssl plugin<

What plugin to use for a particular task is a personal preference, but there are a few that have risen to the top of many peoples "go to" lists that you'll see mentioned often on this forum. I have numerous iLoks with many different plugins for various jobs including a "Floater" key for transferring licenses between systems. This key is also my "Magic" key with a few extra plugins that I like a lot and can rely on for excellent results no matter what I need to do. They are:

Sony Oxford EQ
MDW EQ
Focusrite Forte Suite
Filter Bank

Drawmer Dynamics
Compressor Bank
MC-2000

Revibe

These plugins, along with the HD3 pack (which most people have) and the DigiRack stuff, give me a wide range of tools useful for practically any mixing task. From double precision parametric EQ, to zero overshoot peak limiting, multichannel compressor/limiters and surround reverb, it's all covered. My list isn't expensive either. You can find licenses for sale on eBay for most of these for $100-$300. Most of them are from bundles I've purchased over the years and cost practically nothing. You should also save some money for the next 'Massive Pack" promotion from Digidesign. The last one had an excellent collection of plugins. And if I want to get tricky, I can always grab my Waves RennMaxx/SSL key.