Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2003, 04:35 PM

Default Reason and PT LE on separate computers...

Hey Guys...

I've searched the DUC and got this working together (My Mac with PT and PC with Reason) and right now I hit play in PT and Reason will sync at the point where PT's is in the session, but once Pro Tools loops back Reason keeps going. I would figure something isnt set right... I have MTC coming out of my midi express xt into the midi interface on the PC and that seems to work fine after setting Reason up to sync externally. My question is with the "play", "midi" and and sync buttons on the reason transport and the midi and advanced midi settings in reason. Or is this the way it works, you cant loop a section in PT and have it follow.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-29-2003, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Reason and PT LE on separate computers...

Anyone ?? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-29-2003, 01:55 PM

Thanks Leigh, besides that it works rather well. Goes back to the same point each time...hmm..
Old 05-29-2003, 02:36 PM

Only my opinion, but it would probably be easier and better to copy and paste parts in PT rather than have PT in a loop mode.
Old 05-30-2003, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AdamF:
Or is this the way it works, you cant loop a section in PT and have it follow.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is the way it works, sorry. In this case, with Reason syncing by MIDI Beat Clock (which is a bars|beats standard of time, rather than MTC which is a minutes|seconds standard), there's no way to communicate loop points to Reason from Pro Tools.

From the Reason manual: "MIDI Clock actually consists of five type of messages: The actual clock (the metronome that establishes the tempo), Start, Stop and Continue commands and Song Position Pointers."

So you see, there's no message type in the MIDI Clock spec to allow sending loop points.

It may be possible (I haven't tried this myself) to manually set your loop in Reason to be the same as in Pro Tools. This could work when syncing Reason with MIDI Beat Clock. It certainly won't work if you sync Reason using ReWire - local loop controls are disabled in that case.

Cheers,
Leigh