Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2001, 08:05 AM

Default Why are the midi notes doubling when I quantize?

What is happening when I quantize? The notes are doubling when I quantize. Why? And why does the first note of the measure disapear when I quantize? Any help would be apreciated. I am using an xp30 with the local off with Protools LE 5.1. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Why are the midi notes doubling when I quantize?

You muight wanna try messing ariudn with the quantizing settings, and maybe take a look at the manual! There are way to many variebles for anybody to explain it all for you-for such a braod question.

The basics are you set the parameters to determine how close to a given grid ( or groove in more adnvaced sequancers) you want to hold to, the compiter measures the differences and moves notes accordingly. I think theres a strength property as well, which can determine how much a note will be alinged to the grid and form what distance away. and at what resolution. Play with it. Digi's implementation is far form complete or particularly useable.

Pardon my spelling, i dont have time to run a Spell check.
Old 11-02-2001, 10:34 AM

Default Re: Why are the midi notes doubling when I quantize?

Thanks, The midi in Protools is not all that bad. I've put out some pretty impressive stuff using the MIDI alone. Its no frills but easy to use. I am thinking about emagic or performer though. Thabnks again. It's strange that this problem just began to show up. 5.1?