Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM

Default Editing effects

I have the MC Control and MC Mix. Been using it only with Logic.

I have not used the system for over a year do to lack of space. I intend to use it again since that matter will be resolved shortly.

The editing of plugins with this system is a joke. Sure it is nice to close your eyes and listen when turning values and parameters. But that is the problem. Why can`t I custom make this for each plugins in Logic. I want all my type of plugins to have the same layout on the eight knobs so I can always have the compressor ratio on all my compressors on the top right for example. The way things is now I have to spend more time browsing for the parameters than it takes to just use the mouse and keyboard,

Is this possible with newer updates? And is there any DAW where you can do this?
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Editing effects

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinvegardstavik View Post

I have not used the system for over a year do to lack of space. I intend to use it again since that matter will be resolved shortly.

The editing of plugins with this system is a joke. Sure it is nice to close your eyes and listen when turning values and parameters. But that is the problem. Why can`t I custom make this for each plugins in Logic. I want all my type of plugins to have the same layout on the eight knobs so I can always have the compressor ratio on all my compressors on the top right for example. The way things is now I have to spend more time browsing for the parameters than it takes to just use the mouse and keyboard,

Is this possible with newer updates? And is there any DAW where you can do this?
If you want to bother it is possible to edit the plist files of the logic plugins to change the order of parameters
Old 05-13-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
If you want to bother it is possible to edit the plist files of the logic plugins to change the order of parameters
Is this possible for Protools plugins?

The one thing that I just hate about the Artist mix is the parameter order for most of the plugins. It is beyond me why someone hasnt taken this as a priority in general for so many control surfaces. Being able to change the order of these would make a huge difference to the usability of the unit!
OSX 10.8
RME UFX
Artist Mix
Old 05-13-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertg View Post
So the real question is - have someone done it already???
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 05-13-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steinvegardstavik View Post

you can edit the plugin's plist file to force logic to re-order the plugin parameters where you choose.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:42 PM

I have wanted this for a long time and as I see it there are two (or more) ways of doing it...

1) User-group method. Ppl who use Logic or Pro Tools simply share with each other... (The Peterson-plist vs Johnson-plist)

2) Standardized-method. Someone with oversight to which programs in audio and video are used on the platform, create a standardized method that can be applied to the most commonly spread plugins in the business, so that you over 2-3 Mix-units get the same layout on all the different plugins and can easily flip between knobs and fader-mode...
VI: Reason 8, Ivory It., Trilian|Omnisphere, VG2/RealGuitar, Kontakt6|GPO, Goliath|Gypsy|Fab Four, Candy, Structure, EZdrum, BIAB Audiophile
Hardware: TLM49|TLM103, SPL Track One, TC M-One, Artist Contr.v2|Transp|3xMix
Old 08-02-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weg View Post
Is this possible for Protools plugins?

The one thing that I just hate about the Artist mix is the parameter order for most of the plugins. It is beyond me why someone hasnt taken this as a priority in general for so many control surfaces. Being able to change the order of these would make a huge difference to the usability of the unit!
Yes, you can do this in Pro tools at least in some AAX plugins:
Basically you need to go to (Mac) Avid>Pro Tools>AAX Plug-Ins>select the plugin you want, right click, Show Package contents, find the PageTable.xml
open it with an editor (I use BBEdit) locate the parameters you want and then change their order to the order you want them to appear.

The only odd thing is that between each four knobs you have to set 4 parameters you aren't going to use and then skip to the next four parameters, but it can still be done