Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM

Default "Assertion" problems in 10.1.2

Right. I should have waited a bit to download the latest PT 10, but I didn't. Silly me.

I have twice now had a dialog pop up, once when trying to drag and drop RX 2 files from the Workspace browser window, and this one when using an effect plugin:

Assertion in "Volumes/Development/ws.ProTools_10.1.2/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/.../Views/OUSWindow.MacCarbon.cpp", line 1817

(OK)

(The dialog for the RX 2 import was different, but similar)

I could dismiss the dialog by clicking OK, but the problem would persist through the session.

This looks like some debugging code that was left in the build (just guessing here).

Anyone else seeing stuff like this? Any comments from DTS? PT 10 was very stable for me, but this update feels less so...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 04-12-2012, 12:37 PM

Default Re: "Assertion" problems in 10.1.2

whenever I've had assertion errors like that (especially the ones that mention the Altura ports) running the prefs and database helper and deleting the database and volumes prefs helped right away. You have to quit pro tools, run the app (or manually delete the prefs - see the linked article) and then restart.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...791?popup=true
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydy View Post
whenever I've had assertion errors like that (especially the ones that mention the Altura ports) running the prefs and database helper and deleting the database and volumes prefs helped right away. You have to quit pro tools, run the app (or manually delete the prefs - see the linked article) and then restart.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...791?popup=true
Thanks for the tip and the link. I ended up deleting the Volumes folder and PT prefs manually (the version of the prefs and database helper I had was old). I haven't had PT up yet today, but I imagine it helped. Still,, I had not seen error messages like those I had. Glad to know they do pop up occasionally and (I assume) they don't necessarily mean some debug code was left in the build...

Bandcamp
Soundcloud
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 AM

I have a similar problem but when searching for the files in my preferences folder there were none of the described files?

The failure occurs when I´m editing playlists and start playback.

Also - I can´t dismiss the dialog by click ok, it will just pop up again and not let me do anything with pro tools.