Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 AM

Default Help! All sound cuts out halfway through song / MIDI track dies

This is very strange and it randomly started happening out of nowhere.

I'm playing several audio tracks solo, as well as a Superior Drummer 2.0 track. The song starts fine from the beginning until it hits 32 and a half bars. Then everything goes silent. If I turn off the solo for the instrument track, I can hear all the audio tracks. However, when solo is selected for the instrument track as well, nothing plays at all, including the other solo audio tracks. Even if I turn off all solos, nothing plays until I mute the instrument track.

When the instrument track cuts out, I can still see the instrument volume working, and the mixers in SD2.0 all operate as if it's playing, but it no longer passes to audio. All the other solo tracks are also still "playing" on the mixer but no sound. I have to make the instrument track inactive, reactivate, and everything plays fine again...until 32 and a half bars.

There's nothing wrong with the midi as far as I can tell - I even tried deleting the midi around that moment just in case - same problem. I also tried creating a new instrument track and moving the MIDI to that new track and deleting the old instrument track - same problem. I tried suspending any automation. I see obvious no events or anything that would cause it to stop playing - same problem.

Here's the weird part - if I start at 33 bars and pre-roll 3, it plays right through that location just fine and keeps going. If I start at 33 bars and pre-roll 33, it breaks again.

I'm baffled. Anybody have a clue what might be causing this?

Thanks!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Help! All sound cuts out halfway through song / MIDI track dies

Weird. I fixed it. Something must have gotten mixed up with the midi file. I deleted the whole section of the midi file that was cutting out (instead of just the notes) and rebuilt. Everything works fine now...MIDI, thanks for wasting me two hours, you jerk!