Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2018, 11:42 PM

Default Weird megaphone sounding raw vocal

So a buddy and I have been working on a song and are about to send it off to an engineer. The engineer said to just take off all the plugins we have and just level the raw vocals and send it but we've run into a problem. My buddy and I both use doubled copy vocals to give them some more beef and everything sounded good when doing so. But recently after taking off all the plugins and trying to mix the raw down my buddies doubled vocal started sounding like it was coming from a megaphone or something. I myself used the same technique and mine sound fine with doubled vocals. We made sure the tracks are exactly lined up so it wouldn't cause a delay.. any ideas?? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2018, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Weird megaphone sounding raw vocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by vajoiner_ View Post
So a buddy and I have been working on a song and are about to send it off to an engineer. The engineer said to just take off all the plugins we have and just level the raw vocals and send it but we've run into a problem. My buddy and I both use doubled copy vocals to give them some more beef and everything sounded good when doing so. But recently after taking off all the plugins and trying to mix the raw down my buddies doubled vocal started sounding like it was coming from a megaphone or something. I myself used the same technique and mine sound fine with doubled vocals. We made sure the tracks are exactly lined up so it wouldn't cause a delay.. any ideas?? Thanks

Check your I/0 setup. Sounds like a output overlap

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 05-03-2018, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Weird megaphone sounding raw vocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrobass View Post
Check your I/0 setup. Sounds like a output overlap

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Any specific setting its supposed to be on?