Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 06-07-2018, 10:25 AM

Default Pro tools won’t record and program is force to close

I really need help with my pro tools program. The problem I have is that whenever I try to record something there is always a buffering noise that makes me not to record. Then every time I do that there is a stopping error pop up that shows up and it force me to close the program. If anybody know this problem please help
Old 06-07-2018, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Pro tools won’t record and program is force to close

Hello and welcome to the forums.

The most common problem with audio interfaces is that Windows is trying to use your PT interface for Windows sounds. Go into your Windows sound preferences and set your interface as Do Not Use. Do this for all inputs and outputs on the interface. Reboot your computer and see if that helps.

Also make sure you are using the latest drivers for your interface.

If that doesn't help, read through the Help Us Help You thread where you will find general setup, optimization and troubleshooting tips. You will also need to provide us with a bit more information about your system so that we can help you.

System Details