Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 PM

Default Pro Tools 8 Not Recognizing Reason 4

I don't know too many tricks. i've had Reason for a while and have used it just fine. I create an aux track, open an insert. go to instrument, and there is Reason. That's not the case now. My controller works with Reason, but I can't get it to come out of PT. These plugins are frustrating. I think I'll just go buy all of the analog instruments Reason is modeled after and then get an SSL board to run everything out of. That should work. But while I'm saving up the 500K to buy all that stuff, can someone please help me get Reason up and running?

Many thanks.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Not Recognizing Reason 4

Try this:
  1. Close all open apps, PT, Reason, everything.
  2. Launch Reason standalone, open a Reason session, then quit out of reason entirely.
  3. Launch Pro Tools
  4. Create a St. Instrument track
  5. Insert - Multi-channel Plugin > Instrument > Reason.

If that didn't work, try re-installing reason & going through the steps again.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 8 Not Recognizing Reason 4

I have same problem. The point for me is to be able to open Reason as an insert on an AUX track, not as a Pro Tools Instrument track. When I load is as an instrument track I can no longer record MIDI into Reason...it goes into Pro Tools, and I don't want it to.
I used Reason as an plugin on an AUX track within Pro Tools for years. Why is it now all of a sudden not working?