Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 05-28-2014, 05:12 AM

Default Re: From lexicon

Audio Deluxe has even better deal at the moment:

517 USA$ for MPX, LPX & PCM Total Bundle. It's great that I was waiting to pull the trigger immediately at Lexi store.

While I demo the PCM Total Bundle, setting recall is ok, only problem I encountered was with Stringbox effect, it's so CPU hungry that it was unusable - maybe because I was trying it on 96k session.
AVID HD Native PCIe + HD OMNI; Digidesign 192 I/O (2x) & 96 I/O; Icon QCON Pro & QCON EX; Softube Console 1; NI Kontrol 25; Arturia SparkLE; UAD-2 Satellite DUO; UAD-2 PCIe DUO; Tascam DA-3000; TK Audio BC1-S; Warm Audio WA76; SSL XLogic Alpha Channel (x2); SSL X-PATCH; Lindell Audio 6X-500, 7X-500 & PEX-500 (all x2), lots of TCE & Lexicon reverbs; VintageMaker LittleOne 16/2 Summing Mixer; MUTEC MC3+ SmartClock; Mac Pro (2009) 8 Core 2.26; 24 Gb RAM; Pro Tools HD 12.8
Old 05-28-2014, 06:13 AM

Audio Deluxe has even better deal at the moment

Ah man, coulda saved another $20 on the LXP. It's all working just fine, btw...
Old 05-29-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
I can confirm that the settings are saved with a blank PT11 session using 10.8.5 and 11.1.3, I tried PCM concert hall, PCM random hall, and PCM plate as a test.

So, you can confirm that you can save the "tail width" slider settings? This would be on any of the reverbs...

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 05-30-2014, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Seems to me that Mac is okay, Windows is not.
Not. On the reverbs, THE 'TAIL WIDTH' SLIDER WILL NOT SAVE SETTINGS.

Need mixes, mastering, guitar, keyboard or bass parts added to your tracks? Need custom songs/music written and produced for special occasions? Check out The Soundz Shop. Great work by pros with multi-platinum experience at excellent prices...
Old 05-30-2014, 12:32 PM

The Tail width will save settings for me, meaning it reads the same number I saved it at, but I did notice the physical position of the slider seems kind of unpredictable on re-launch. Most of the time, the slider is in the correct positon, but there has been at least one time where it showed up inverted from it's original position. The number is always right for me.

I'm not !00% sure if the readout is right, or if the slider is right…. But I think the bug is with the display of the slider.

Ray, are you still running 10.8.4 and PT 11.0.2 like your signature suggests? I'm on 10.8.5 and 11.1.3.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:33 PM

Any one getting this on the MPX and LXP. On the display to the right in big red letters "TEST BUILD ON" I downloaded the latest installers , thanks
Old 05-30-2014, 02:38 PM

Yes, this is still a beta so it will display as "Test Build"

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 05-30-2014, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
The Tail width will save settings for me, meaning it reads the same number I saved it at, but I did notice the physical position of the slider seems kind of unpredictable on re-launch. Most of the time, the slider is in the correct positon, but there has been at least one time where it showed up inverted from it's original position. The number is always right for me.

I'm not !00% sure if the readout is right, or if the slider is right…. But I think the bug is with the display of the slider.

Ray, are you still running 10.8.4 and PT 11.0.2 like your signature suggests? I'm on 10.8.5 and 11.1.3.

You're right. If the fader is "all the way up or down", its value is "stereo". So, I suppose, if you turned it all the way up. when you save and reboot, if the fader is down(which is what happens for me), the "value" is still "stereo" so it doesn't really matter. BUT, if you set it at a numeric value, e.g., "128 degrees", it will reload properly.

And, yes. I am running what my sig says. Cautious hobos fear change...

Old 05-31-2014, 09:38 AM

I'll reiterate, Lexicon has been really good about responding to tech support requests. Make sure they know about it!
http://www.lexiconpro.com/en-US/support
Old 06-05-2014, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
OMG makes me sick what I paid for just the LXP native !!!
I paid over $1500 a few years ago just for PCM Reverb... makes me want to bang my head against the desk. I'd like to have the stringbox plug but not really wanting to buy all of them just to have it.. It would be nice if they had separate plugs for sale.
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!