Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2019, 03:46 PM

Default PT5 with Waves V4 - don't connect iLok to License Manager

I've just learned a hard lesson about Waves V4 and iLok License Manager. I was going to add some plugs to my V1 iLok. So I connected my iLok to the most recent version of iLok License Manager for the first time last week, and now my Waves V4 authorization is GONE!

I've been going back and forth with Waves and PACE/iLok for a week. So far Waves says I'm screwed, even though I can see the V4 authorization at Waves Centra matched to my iLok's serial number. Their answer is "upgrade, we don't support PACE/iLok anymore". iLok support has been useless so far. So lame. I suspect it's the iLok License Manager that screwed my iLok up, seeing as it worked perfectly for 19 years previous. This is why people don't like license management. When it goes wrong, really bad things happen.

So if your PT5 system has Waves plugs on an iLok, don't connect the iLok to iLok License Manager.

If iLok support comes up with a solution I'll post it here.