How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-13-2019, 01:21 PM

Default Re: Arturia servers down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Pigments2 is not included in the V7 Collection which we just bought 1 week ago ... typical BS!
That is so sad on Arturia's part. I know you don't frequent their forums but I do and this is a huge bone of contention from those who have been part of the V Collection for years. The only reason I can think of (and understand I'm NOT apologizing for Arturia) is that Pigments is not a model of any real hardware synth. It seems like Grenoble (that's Arturia's HQ) wants to keep the V Collection just emulations of real synths (and make extra bucks).

But that doesn't excuse what they're doing. Right now I'm eligible to get Pigments 2 for $49 US being based owning VCollection 4/5/6. You may want to check to see if you're eligible for that same discount. I don't own Pigments (yet) but I'm going to give it some demo time. Hopefully I'll like it more than when I demo'd it when it originally dropped. Will it give me any more than Falcon 2 and Avenger.

That brings up something: Avenger just updated to 1.5 and they've gone to Codemeter copy protection. AND they're not telling people looking at it on their website. If you want the heartburn on that there's a thread here where TNM is all po'd about that.

QAPLA!
Old 12-13-2019, 02:19 PM

Yeah we just updated Avenger and Nexus3 so no more eLicenser which is a bit weird as we are the few who really like to have licenses on ilok and the eLicenser as it feels ”safer” somehow. Cloud authorisations you have no real control over so I am just happy we have our 2 tech interns who loves keeping everything up to date and we can just forget it. And yes they are PAID interns.

When I think about it maybe it is not that strange Pigments aren’t in the V7 as you said Jack. It is a separate synth and $49 ain’t that much but in Euro with tax it is 30 bucks more, comes out to 77.69 USD so we got it just now anyway because I wanted to stop thinking about it hehe

Thanks for the info and we had a super easy instal of V7 Collection and the ASC thingy. No issues and have run it 4-5 times this week as they had a few updates as did Nexus3 and both went super easy!

Still would have liked iLok auth but thats just me

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-13-2019, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Yeah we just updated Avenger and Nexus3 so no more eLicenser which is a bit weird as we are the few who really like to have licenses on ilok and the eLicenser as it feels ”safer” somehow. Cloud authorisations you have no real control over so I am just happy we have our 2 tech interns who loves keeping everything up to date and we can just forget it. And yes they are PAID interns.

When I think about it maybe it is not that strange Pigments aren’t in the V7 as you said Jack. It is a separate synth and $49 ain’t that much but in Euro with tax it is 30 bucks more, comes out to 77.69 USD so we got it just now anyway because I wanted to stop thinking about it hehe

Thanks for the info and we had a super easy install of V7 Collection and the ASC thingy. No issues and have run it 4-5 times this week as they had a few updates as did Nexus3 and both went super easy!

Still would have liked iLok auth but thats just me
And not just you with iLok as a preferred authorization mechanism. I like the dongle system whether it's iLok or Vienna Key (aka Steinberg key). I don't have people to take care of IT issues - it's me/myself/I and maybe my wife to help with the hardware when I can't get to it. I'm more than capable to work the software end but at 67+ (68 next February 20) I don't need those hassles.

For all it's warts digital recording still beats the pants off of having to align & bias a tape deck

QAPLA!
Old 12-14-2019, 05:34 AM

Pigments 2 may not be part of the bundle, but it is at a fairly good price at the moment for current Arturia users.
Old 12-14-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
Pigments 2 may not be part of the bundle, but it is at a fairly good price at the moment for current Arturia users.
Agree!

Paid €49 so it is a bit more here with taxes and Euro but still worth it IMHO.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2019, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Agree!

Paid €49 so it is a bit more here with taxes and Euro but still worth it IMHO.
Okay - I'm convinced - I'll buy it. I thought I could do what Pigments 2 does in Falcon 2 but not quite.

QAPLA!
Old 12-14-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Okay - I'm convinced - I'll buy it. I thought I could do what Pigments 2 does in Falcon 2 but not quite.
Seriously doubt you will regret that and at $49 it’s really a sweet deal

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-14-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Seriously doubt you will regret that and at $49 it’s really a sweet deal
Just popped for it. It sure is a different way of making the knob assignments for controls/modulation though.

QAPLA!
Old 12-16-2019, 07:03 AM

Just downloaded my V4 (yes all the way that far back, I don't need the new synths) and all works and authed fine. Even Spark (my favourite drum machine) is working in Catalina and that's the only one that hasn't been updated recently..Arturia are certainly a long way from what they used to be..they update stuff now! And it doesn't even crash!

So.. in my account they are offering pigments for $69..

Is it a pigment of my imagination or is it worth buying for that cash? My upgrade offer to V7 is $299.. they can keep it.. I only ever bought it for the analog stuff it had when I got it so am happy with that. But pigments seems to be quit a different beast and I have enough analog emulations (also bought the legend from synapse and that sounds wonderful, currently on sale for 79 - so I *really* don't need more analog plugins LOL).
Old 12-16-2019, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Just downloaded my V4 (yes all the way that far back, I don't need the new synths) and all works and authed fine. Even Spark (my favourite drum machine) is working in Catalina and that's the only one that hasn't been updated recently..Arturia are certainly a long way from what they used to be..they update stuff now! And it doesn't even crash!

So.. in my account they are offering pigments for $69..

Is it a pigment of my imagination or is it worth buying for that cash? My upgrade offer to V7 is $299.. they can keep it.. I only ever bought it for the analog stuff it had when I got it so am happy with that. But pigments seems to be quit a different beast and I have enough analog emulations (also bought the legend from synapse and that sounds wonderful, currently on sale for 79 - so I *really* don't need more analog plugins LOL).
That $69 - is that Aussie dollars or what? I ask because it's $49 US dollars if you own other Arturia stuff. I have VC4/5/6 and wouldn't be caught dead without VCollection 6. Especially the Synclavier and DX7. I have NI's DX8 and it's a right pain in the arse to work with. With the Arturia DX7 can change algorithms at will like my old DX7 which can't be easily done in NI's emulation. I like being able to just pop through the algo's using the same settings. It's like Forrest Gump might say: you never know what you're going to get. I came up with some fascinating sounds that way.

I didn't get on with Pigments when it first dropped but not I liked it enough to buy it.

Oh yeah because I have VC6 my upgrade to VC7 is $99. I don't really need a Casio or a Mellotron emulation.

QAPLA!