Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-25-2016, 06:20 PM

Default The Dock is now shipping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alk3997 View Post
When you get time, could you please post more of your opinions / impressions? I suspect I may not be the only one who will likely first see the Dock if/when I purchase a Dock.

Build quality and responsiveness are two of the things I'm curious about. Does it feel like an S3 extension? Can you compare with the Artist units? Etc.

If you get time, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Andy

I guess the quality is matching the S3. Same fader, buttons and touch buttons. The surface is not exactly like the S3. S3 have a rubber feeling, and the Dock is more solid plastic. But understand me right: it's not "cheap". For me this is not a problem at all, and it visually looks identical.
In addition to music production I do a lot of dubbing for TV. Every automation functions is right there. Select tracks on the iPad, press "Do to sel"(ected) and press one of the automation types. Or press an automation type and then a track on the iPad. Fast and easy!
I've owned and used for a while 3 Artist Mix, Artist Control and Artist Transport. This is soooooo much better! I've also owned a Slate MTi, and I really liked the Batch Commander. But with S3, Dock and the iOS app I don't look back.

Last edited by ha2dorff; 05-25-2016 at 06:45 PM.