Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 PM

Default Getting warm under the old collar

I go to use Xpand 2 and no matter what I do I get the error message that "the Plug In cannot be made active because DAE is low on memory #-9006".

What the eff?

I have trashed prefs and all and checked my settings but no improvement.

The thing is, nothing much has changed as far as the PT version etc since the last time I used Xpand2 and everything was fine. The only thing is the addition of the cs2 update.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also....and this has been going on since I installed PT8....... Mini Grand will crash my session every single time exactly the same way.

I will load it, and this can be right after I have had another, or several, VI's in the same insert.....I can change the previous working VI like say the B3 to Mini Grand....or just a fresh track with MG as the first insert on it and it will crash as soon as I try use it.

Once loaded, clicking on the keys with the cursor will not produce sound. If I play a note with the connected controller....it will not move the keys on the virtual MG keyboard, there will be no sound and it will crash the PT session right now....bye bye....every time a coconut!

Load it up, touch a note on the controller....crash! If I do not touch anything it will not crash the session. The instant I press a key...that's it.

This is mighty dadblasted annoying. With all my VI's I have not had a use for it so I sorta put it away in my head. After watching the demo video's today it seemed like it has a good sound....so I went to try it but was rudely reminded that I cannot use it.

When I was having 11R problems DTS sent me a full installer and I installed it exactly how they told me to. I had told them about MG crashing and was told I probably had a corrupted MG and that the new full PT 8installer file they hooked me up with would probably fix it. It did not.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I tried to go look it up but could find nothing and the troubleshooting section at the new Customer Assist is still under constrauction.

In fact I cannot even find anything on DAE error #-9006. Other numbers, just not that one.

This is just brilliant!
2TB Solid State Drive
Thunderbolt 4
Sonoma 14.1.2
Pro Tools 2023.9
Universal Audio Apollo 8P (TB3 Option Card installed)