Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2018, 10:30 AM

Default Will not get past launch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganC View Post
I have since went back to using the computers microphone and it still crashes at launch btw. I couldn't get ASIO4ALL to allow me to select the USB mic on pro tools
It crashes at launch even when holding down the ‘N’ key? Do you see the playback engine dialog or not? You need to be clear what is going on.

Uninstall ASIO4ALL. Trash prefs. (Instructions under “help us help you” up the top of every DUC web page). Reboot your computer. And start posting screenshots of your Windows sound control panel, Pro Tools Playback Engine dialog screen (list the options in the playback engine device pull down). Still stuck try uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools.

—-

And again... people cannot help you when you post non-information like “I could not get ASIO4ALL to...” what *exactly* were you doing? What did the ASIO4ALL setup panel show... post a screenshot. What did the playback engine dialog show... post a screenshot? What *exactly* happened or did not happen....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2018, 11:03 AM

Default Re: Will not get past launch screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
It crashes at launch even when holding down the ‘N’ key? Do you see the playback engine dialog or not? You need to be clear what is going on.

Uninstall ASIO4ALL. Trash prefs. (Instructions under “help us help you” up the top of every DUC web page). Reboot your computer. And start posting screenshots of your Windows sound control panel, Pro Tools Playback Engine dialog screen (list the options in the playback engine device pull down). Still stuck try uninstalling and reinstalling Pro Tools.

—-

And again... people cannot help you when you post non-information like “I could not get ASIO4ALL to...” what *exactly* were you doing? What did the ASIO4ALL setup panel show... post a screenshot. What did the playback engine dialog show... post a screenshot? What *exactly* happened or did not happen....

Yes, even when holding the N key it still crashes. And no it does not bring up the audio engine dialog box. I uninstalled ASIO4ALL. I cannot post a screenshot of the PTF playback engine as I will not come up like it should.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Yes, even when holding the N key it still crashes. And no it does not bring up the audio engine dialog box. I uninstalled ASIO4ALL. I cannot post a screenshot of the PTF playback engine as I will not come up like it should.
I will post screenshots after work tonight to show you everything that is happening.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:

Then try the other stuff as well. Trashing prefs, rebooting. Etc.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:19 PM

Trash preferences, go to help us help you at the top of the page or search trasher if you prefer to use the app.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Pretty sure we can help you out here, but we need more info. Starting with what exact windows version are you trying to use?

Unfortunately Pro Tools First is poorly designed for new users and you have to be following the install documentation. Like http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_85130.pdf but even that documentation is awful and does not cover basic stuff about windows audio drivers. And with all the limitations with Pro Tools First I would usually recommend people use full Pro Tools or another DAW.

What audio interface/playback engine are you hoping Pro Tools will use? Did you install device drivers for it? If the laptop built in audio what exact device is it? (E.g. In Windows device manager and sound manager... post screenshots of those if you are lost).

Hold down the ‘N’ key while Pro Tools is starting, when the playback engine dialog appears what exact options does it give you in the pull down selector.
Old 05-25-2018, 08:29 PM

here is the error code im getting,
Could not complete your request because Assertion in "E:\ Code\ 222437\ ProTools\ AAE\ Source\ AAX\ CFicAAXWidget.cpp", line 822.

(Use the Copy button to copy this message to the clipboard.).
Old 05-25-2018, 08:45 PM

Default Will not get past launch screen

And answers to all the questions asked above...???

Its likely a playback engine setting causing problems, as expected. Had you just Googled the error message to start with you could have saved time and found this: http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...t-cpp-line-822

Pro Tools and Pro Tools First all suffer from throwing cryptic unfriendly ASSERTs caused by simple user configuration problems that should be caught and cause reasonable user understandable errors. It's sloppy/lazy developer behavior. Which I suspect might be the result of poorly managed and/or low quality outsourced developers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-25-2018 at 08:56 PM.
Old 05-25-2018, 10:08 PM

I got it figured out. It wasn't giving an error code until tonight. But I tried using my irig interface and now it works. Thanks