Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2015, 05:15 PM

Default Re: AVID Interface Preferred Buffer Size

Because I'm quite convinced that it's not right (at least now with standard PT 11 and 12 on PCs and third party interfaces.) It's going to take more than old posts to convince me otherwise. Can you point to flaws in my logic and previously posted measurements? What about post #3 in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You have been given links in the past to posts about the size of the playback buffers by a Avid Developer. But here again is that thread...

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340255

That is from way back in 2013, so why are you bringing the same stuff up again and again and again?
Old 07-25-2015, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Because I'm quite convinced that it's not right (at least now with standard PT 11 and 12 on PCs and third party interfaces.) It's going to take more than old posts to convince me otherwise. Can you point to flaws in my logic and previously posted measurements? What about post #3 in this thread?
You've been given links to things by people who are way more knowledgeable than you and still you question their knowledge? Keep up with this kind of attitude and people will stop trying to help you and even worse - you'll never learn anything. Methinks you argue these points just for the sake of arguing and that's not going to get you anywheres. There have been so many posts pointing out the flaws in your illogic it ain't even funny.

Give it a rest and go back to Gearslutz.

QAPLA!
Old 07-25-2015, 06:12 PM

I have pro tools 12.1.0 & the links as well as the suggestions are all helpful, what's the problem, are you even attempting to try these suggestions?
Old 07-25-2015, 07:22 PM

Please review the topic of this post. It appears that many of these "responses" are Off Topic - "OT". I.E. if you have nothing to contribute regarding the topic (or don't understand it) please refrain from posting to allow others that might have something relevant to contribute an opportunity to do so!

Thank You!

Amack
Old 07-25-2015, 07:26 PM

Umm, I was correcting your misunderstanding (for the n'th time) as stated in this nonsense...

Quote:
My understanding is that PT's Playback Engine's "H/W Buffer Size" sets both the record and playback buffers for the software.
Which you posted. If you can't keep your thoughts clear/on topic don't blame us.
Old 07-26-2015, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amack View Post
Please review the topic of this post. It appears that many of these "responses" are Off Topic - "OT". I.E. if you have nothing to contribute regarding the topic (or don't understand it) please refrain from posting to allow others that might have something relevant to contribute an opportunity to do so!

Thank You!

Amack
People are posting like they're doing here BECAUSE you've been given the answers before and as is your method you repeatedly ignore those answers. If you would admit that others are right and that your understanding may be wrong (or you're barking up the wrong tree) then things would go a lot better for you and others who come across this thread.

QAPLA!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:03 AM

Altough the "Fast Track Duo Guide" (http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_79009.pdf) provides the following guidance on selecting buffer sizes, it doesn't say how to set them. (See post #1 for details). Doesn't anyone know!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pages from Fast_Track_Duo_Guide_79009.jpg (31.4 KB, 0 views)