Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 03-10-2019, 04:46 PM

Default WaveEx Audo File Output

I'm mixing a show soundtrack I did in a planetarium theatre and for the theatre system to run the final surround mix it needs to be output WaveEx or Wave Extensible audio file. The mix is channelized for 19 surround dome speakers so there are many convoluted output tracks here. I had to make several output channels for various aux configurations. I'm using the Dante virtual sound card on my Mac Pro to interface with the theatre Dante system and I'm able to output to all 19 speakers this way (19.2). The OMNI interface is irrelevant to this scenario. I've managed to make this work but ultimately I need to output this mix to a WaveEx file. It looks like this is a PC format file but I've found no other Mac apps to output a file like this. However I can open another single embedded Wav file from another planetarium show and in fact it breaks out to 17 tracks when I open it in Protools. Any suggestions?