Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-19-2005, 07:25 AM

Default Waves Audio Processing Accelerator?

Quote:
New hardware solution, which adds more DSP power to plugins, is offered with the new NetShell APA, announced by Waves. Connects to your computer via Ethernet, the new APA 32 (1U 19") and APA 44 (half rack-size) gives more freedom to the host cpu and supports the more-demanding proccessing power needed by todays high quality software solutions. Most Waves plug-ins are supported by the NetShell APA, and more should be supported soon. As it uses a LAN connetion, the new avialable DSP power is instantly available without opening the computer case or modifying hardware, and you can still use your CPU or installed hardware-DSP for plugins.

ps Clouvel : You can connect 8 APA modules (with 8 millisecondes time latency). An APA 32 module can support (at 48 KHz) 6 IR convolution reverbs, or 6 L3 multiband compressors, or 7 Lin Phase MB, or 14 C4 compressors, or 11 Renaissance reverbs. APA 32 will cost 1.600 US$, and APA 44 will be 2.400 US$ (with free IRL and Q-Clone plugins). They will be available in June or July.

I found some information today about that:

Gearslutz.com web page

but nothing on the Waves site. Anyone?

M
Old 05-19-2005, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Waves Audio Processing Accelerator?

If Waves is involved, I wouldn't touch it with a 100 foot pole.

Also, what happens to your internet connection if you're using ethernet to connect to a DSP box?
Old 09-20-2018, 01:02 PM

in 2018 - if you got one waves APA series plugin accelerators, would any software be needed or would waves recognize and automatically allow plugins to be loaded to dsp using the latest waves StudioRack version?

Also - "if waves had anything to do with it, dont touch it with a 10-foot pole mentality" is SO off base I can't even begin to break-down how badly statements like affect the whole pro audio community.

I have lots of beef with waves, same w/ UAD. I own both. I also own Plugin Alliance and Audified free collections...manufacturer doesnt matter - how it SOUNDS when your working in YOUR DAW in YOUR home (and how that transfers to other systems) does.
Old 09-20-2018, 08:42 PM

whoops...my bad. discontinued as of version 6. LAME.