Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 08-04-2010, 02:20 PM

Default Re: Rewire issue - Midi Input Problem trying to launch Reason

Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. I've got it working.

Right I'm not sure exaclty what's happened but all I did was update my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 driver to the latest one on M-Audio's website

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...erie_ID=1#tabs

,rebooted my PC and got the following message when launching Pro Tools:-

Code:
Your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved.  Check the I/O Setups window to see what's changed.
When going into the IO setup menu, it's not obvious to me exaclty WHAT has changed but when I launched the Rewire plugin, on an AUX track just as I wanted, it launched reason without any error messages and is working now how it did before the error.

I think it would be useful, if anyone can guide me from tech support, to establish the reasoning behind updating my audio drivers fixing the midi error.

Anyway I hope this works for everyone else as it's done for me and I will answer any questions.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:40 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunderson View Post
Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen. I've got it working.

Right I'm not sure exaclty what's happened but all I did was update my M-Audio Audiophile 2496 driver to the latest one on M-Audio's website

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=...erie_ID=1#tabs

,rebooted my PC and got the following message when launching Pro Tools:-

Code:
Your I/O setup has changed since the last time this session was saved.  Check the I/O Setups window to see what's changed.
When going into the IO setup menu, it's not obvious to me exaclty WHAT has changed but when I launched the Rewire plugin, on an AUX track just as I wanted, it launched reason without any error messages and is working now how it did before the error.

I think it would be useful, if anyone can guide me from tech support, to establish the reasoning behind updating my audio drivers fixing the midi error.

Anyway I hope this works for everyone else as it's done for me and I will answer any questions.
Probably a corrupt driver wasn't passing MIDI data to Reason (or Pro Tools, possibly). That's the most reasonable explanation.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Probably a corrupt driver wasn't passing MIDI data to Reason (or Pro Tools, possibly). That's the most reasonable explanation.
Well at least it's sorted then. I have completely uninstalled the sound card drivers and re-installed and everyting is still working fine.

Driver error.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 PM

Glad you fixed it Bunderson! Unfortunately driver error would not be the fix for me, as I use a mac (no drivers required).

I did, however, resolve this issue by completely uninstalling Reason, reinstalling 3.0.5, uninstalling Pro Tools 8.0.4, reinstalling Pro Tools 8.0.
I think it was an older version of Rewire that wasn't working with the latest Pro Tools 8.0.4.

Currently its working for me using Reason 3.0.5 with Pro Tools 8.0 on my Mackbook Intel with OS X 10.5.8.

I'm not gonna change a thing, as updating any one of these three CAUSES ALL KINDS OF HAVOC.

A sincere thanks for the help all have given.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:33 AM

Post Reason Rewire into Pro Tools Recording Issue

Ok, I'm Currently using most of my Sounds from Reason 4, and I have Rewire Pro Tools LE 8 along with Reason 4, And I use the Audio Track, To Record The Sounds from Reason 4 into Pro tools. But After Recording, You can clearly see the Sound Waves Has been Recorded on the Audio Track in Pro tools. When you play it back, It works perfect, and you hear everything That was in Reason 4 now Playing into Pro tools. Now The problem is, When you close Reason 4, and You play back Pro Tools of the Sounds you recorded from Reason, It doesnt Play any sounds on Pro Tools. Any suggestion, or Anyone facing the Same issue as me???????

Please contact back at [email protected]
Old 04-17-2011, 11:27 AM

Talking Re: Rewire issue - Midi Input Problem trying to launch Reason

I have the answer to this question.
It took me a while to figure it out but it is simple.
If you are wanting to record your output from reason then you should have your Reason Keyboards set up exactly as you had them.

Then go to the Pro Tools 8LE Pull-down Menu and choose Options. Then under options Uncheck MIDI Thru and then close Reason. Close Pro Tools. Restart and Voila!
Thank you for asking the question because it got me into a determined mood to solve it and had it not been for your question. It would have likely plagued me and many others for a long time.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 AM

Sorry to bring this subject up again but i am also having the same problem. I have a new machine running windows 7 64bit and am using MBox mini, Pro Tools 8.0.4 and Reason 4. I had it working on my old machine using XP but cant get it running on this machine, even using the fixes listed above.

Please can someone that has it working take me through what settings they are using?

Any help would be great...
Old 08-11-2013, 06:18 PM

I too am also having this same issue? Did anyone find a solution?
Old 12-27-2016, 08:08 AM

Good Afternoon and Happy Holidays everyone!

I know this post is a few years late, but I'm having the exact same issue. I usually run reason as a Multi-Channel Instrument in Protools Via Rewire. I was able to control the Instrument Devices in Reason Through Protools (up to 11). Now that I upgraded to PT12, I am only able to use 2 keyboards in Reason via protools. If I open reason in stand alone mode, I am able to operate all 3 keyboards perfectly fine. The one Keyboard giving me issues is my Oxygen 8v2. I've reinstalled the drivers, confirmed my preset, and rechecked my MIDI routing through protools. The only thing I can do to send a signal is to open a seperate midi track and send the O8's signal to a specific Instrument. This will end up killing my workflow. Can anyone think of a setting or procedure that I'm missing?