Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-20-2018, 04:46 AM

Default Download of Pro tools M-Powered Essential 8 version 8.0.3?

Hi to all
I got a M audio Keystudio with a DVD with Pro tools M-Powered Essential 8 version 8.0.3.As I changed laptop, i do not have DVD.I need to install it to work with keystudio.
Is any download version?
Thanks
Old 04-20-2018, 05:13 AM

Default Re: Download of Pro tools M-Powered Essential 8 version 8.0.3?

Hey

Try this link and let us know if it works and how you get on

http://secure.digidesign.com/service...rticleId=43372

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 05-02-2018, 03:19 AM

thanks 4 your help.Now I got another problem.It ask me for a Ilok.I got the keystudio complete,but never before asked for this.Is in the DVD?I only got the MAudioUSB Micro
Thanks
Old 05-04-2018, 06:18 AM

The iLok is a physical device that contains the licence(s) for PT. It has to be plugged into a usb port all the time PT is running. I originally had PT 8MP and that came with a blue mark 1 iLok. The picture shows the mark 1, mark 2, and mark 3 iLoks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg iLok 1.jpg (32.8 KB, 0 views)
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 05-04-2018, 07:55 AM

Hi, I purchased the M audio Protools keystudio and it didn't bring any Ilock.Only the keyboard ,the DVD with Protools Mpowered Essential and a USB

thumbnail.jpg
Old 05-19-2021, 06:04 AM

Hi! I believe to have the same issue:

I purchased an M-Audio Fast Track interface almost 10 years ago, and now I have a notebook without a CD reader so I can't install the Pro Tools software that came with it anymore. I tried to download the installer from the internet but I can't activate the software since the serial number of my product doesn't work for the iLok activation method.

I contacted Avid's support but they answered:

Products and versions of Software reach the end of their Product Life Cycle for a number of reasons including market demands, technology innovation, and development driving changes in the product, or they simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology. While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, Avid recognizes that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the way end-of-sale and end-of-life milestones impact the Avid products in their environment

Now I'm trying to find an external Cd reader to see if I can still use it. Any other ideas?
Old 05-27-2021, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrignardelli View Post
Hi! I believe to have the same issue:

I purchased an M-Audio Fast Track interface almost 10 years ago, and now I have a notebook without a CD reader so I can't install the Pro Tools software that came with it anymore. I tried to download the installer from the internet but I can't activate the software since the serial number of my product doesn't work for the iLok activation method.

I contacted Avid's support but they answered:

Products and versions of Software reach the end of their Product Life Cycle for a number of reasons including market demands, technology innovation, and development driving changes in the product, or they simply mature over time and are replaced by functionally richer technology. While this is an established part of the overall product life cycle, Avid recognizes that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the way end-of-sale and end-of-life milestones impact the Avid products in their environment

Now I'm trying to find an external Cd reader to see if I can still use it. Any other ideas?
If your current computer runs Windows 10(or any recent version of OSX for Mac), you need a newer version of Pro Tools

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave