Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 10-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Cool In some Trouble, Wonder if I can get some Advice?

Hey guys, just new to the Forum!

This is my Spec,

Samsung R519 (Processor Speed 2.16 GHz)
M-Audio 2626 Interface with Protools M-Powered Version 8

I can give you more spec if requested but I don't think its relevant because My problem is that the 2626 interface as you may know requires FireWire 6 Pin connection and my computer does not posses one nor does it have a PCI port or express card port. So my question is, is there any other way of connecting these two together using alternative methods such as a external Hard Drive with fire wire ports or something else?

Regards,
Euan
Old 10-05-2011, 08:05 AM

No you need a Firewire port on the computer or a way to install an adapter. External disk drives do not act as converters between USB and Firewire. And this laptop is not really suitable for Pro Tools for other reasons including integrated graphics, maybe insufficient memory, etc.

Darryl