Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2014, 07:38 AM

Default Rogue message from protools on screen

Hi, I have pro tools (8) - and all my audio work is saved on an external hard-drive - and I have just received this message onscreen from Protools LE below.

It reads:

This session is saved on a volume set to 'Transfer only'

If permitted set the volume(s) in question to 'P' (playback) or 'R' (record) in the workspace.

Otherwise choose ok to save a copy of this session and its media to a valid playback volume.

The session copy will automatically open from the chosen location.

- What i cant understand is: 'This has never happened before (until today) and this message implies I must copy it onto the desktop before i can play it back on Pro-tools'

I cant understand this?? -- I even dragged and dropped the song onto a memory stick -- and tried to open the song from there -- and still received the same message.

I am hoping this is a generic problem (because I have a lot of songs on there and I am starting to feel nervous).

Last edited by jamesleonard; 01-22-2014 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 AM

Default Re: Rogue message from protools on screen

In Pro Tools, go to the Windows menu and select 'Show Workspace'. In the Workspace window you will see a list of your drives on the left and to the right of each drive will be an 'A'(for Audio) and a 'V'(for Video) column. Under the 'A' column next to your drive it will probably have a 'T'(for Transfer) or 'P'(for Playback) - click on the 'T' or 'P' and, from the drop down list, choose 'Record'.

You should now be able to open, play and record in your session as normal.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 01-22-2014, 06:28 AM

Default Re: Rogue message from protools on screen

Thanks ...that done the trick! -- I see this problem first appeared 14 years ago and hasn't shown up for 10 years -- any idea on what causes this?