Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2009, 06:36 PM

Default Strike not loading in older sessions since moving to PT8

I've just finished a complete system upgrade, from PT7.4/OSX10.4 to PT8/OSX10.5.5 (onto an iMac 2.33C2D w/ 4G RAM). All my PT8 quibbles are now sorted, although Strike is the one V.I. not playing nice.

In newly created sessions - no problems, no dramas... fantastic. The plugin works fine. But loading sessions created in PT 7.x, Strike loads up as inactive, and as i'm not well versed in MIDI troubleshooting I'm not too sure how to resolve this.

All updates are current (1.01cs2 for Leopard by memory and the expansion pack), so it's just a matter of resolving this 'inactive' state.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Strike not loading in older sessions since moving to PT8

Situation update - now Strike is permanently 'inactive'... no setting changes at all.

I should also mention this is my third attempt to install Strike - the first two attempts timed out during install of the second disc... well, i'm assuming they timed out - progress stalled at the final steps for a couple of hours (yes, hours) each time, I got impatient. But loading up PT to check other things I saw Strike in the drop-menus. It didn't work though, I had the same 'inactive' problem.

Since then I uninstalled Strike, got my system maintenance tools (Onyx) to verify, repair, clear caches, do the daily and weekly script checks, etc... all the system healthifying things. I've then powered down, and pulled out the plug overnight (Apple Support always seem to recommend this). I've come back to it the next day and the install was flawless. Discs loaded, program expansion loaded, program updates loaded.

But a couple of sessions in - it's permanently 'inactive', and without a heartbeat.

Any tech people that can sort this one for me?
Old 01-12-2009, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Strike not loading in older sessions since moving to PT8

Bump - still not working