Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-20-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Error: \"unable to launch midi server\"????

Running PT HD 7.3.1 on a MacPro 4-core. Inputting MIDI from keyboard controller has been probelmatic lately. I often have to restart computer to get external keyboard Novation Remote SL) to trigger softsynths, including Digi's various soft synths. No OS, PT or driver updates have been made during, or immediately prior to, the last month or two when problems have occurred.

Today, however, the restarting the computer did not get MIDI input working. So, I opened Audio-MIDI hoping to get it working there. That's when I receveived the error, "unable to launch midi server." I searched the DUC, Novation's site and Google for answeres and found none.

Anyone have any solutions?
Old 08-21-2007, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Error: \"unable to launch midi server\"????

No solutions to offer, but I am having pretty much the exact same problem. "Unable to launch midi server" in AMS.

Novation ReMote SL
Intel Mac Pro Eight Core running 10.4.10
ProTools 7.3.1 (mind you, the SL doesn't work with AMS or ANY MIDI application)
DigiDesign MIDI I/O

The other annoying thing is that the Digi MIDI I/O worked at first but now doesn't. "Online" light does not light up, interface is grayed out in AMS. I tried reloading the firmware, but I'm getting nowhere. But the Digi MIDI I/O DOES work when connected to my G5!

I am hoping someone can help. Thanks!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Error: \"unable to launch midi server\"????

Update: Got my second problem fixed by downloading the Digi MIDI I/O drivers located at:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=24552

The Digi MIDI I/O works properly with AMS. However, plugging the Novation ReMote SL into the USB port and powering it up still causes AMS to crash. The ReMote is connected directly to the USB port on the front of the Mac, and I'm not getting any USB power warnings from the computer.