Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2010, 06:44 PM

Default Can't find drivers for MBox 2 Mini on Vista Home Premium. Plz Plz Help!!!!!!

I am new here and I really need some help. OK, I just purchased Pro Tools 8 LE and also the MBox 2 Mini. I've spend 2 days trying to install the files. Pro Tool installed but every time I try to install the MBox 2 Mini it constantly says Found New Hardware and then it says Windows cannot locate any drivers when I try to install it. The Protools dvd is still in the cd-rom drive and it's still says the same thing over and over. I checked teh device manager. MBox is there but with the explanation point. Can somebody please tell me how to install the drivers for the MBox 2 Mini step by step? I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium Edition x64. Quad Core, 4GB Ram.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Re: Can't find drivers for MBox 2 Mini on Vista Home Premium. Plz Plz Help!!!!!!

The directions (as it's installing and in set-up manual) clearly state ignore any Windows prompts and allow PT to install the drivers. Try starting again and then turn on your MBox. When it looks for drivers put the PT disk in or manually take them off the disk. If that doesn't work you may have to un-and-re-install. OBTH welcome!
Old 06-10-2010, 07:04 PM

Default Re: Can't find drivers for MBox 2 Mini on Vista Home Premium. Plz Plz Help!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
The directions (as it's installing and in set-up manual) clearly state ignore any Windows prompts and allow PT to install the drivers. Try starting again and then turn on your MBox. When it looks for drivers put the PT disk in or manually take them off the disk. If that doesn't work you may have to un-and-re-install. OBTH welcome!

Ok thanks, but, I tried following directions exactly as it said several times and even when I ignored the prompts it still couldn't locate the driver files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. So how do I manually take them off of the disk? It only shows setup, additional files, uninstall pro tools and licenses. I think the driver files are within the setup file because I don't see a drivers folder by exploring the disk.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:55 PM

You were the one that said "Windows cannot locate the drivers:"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrical_Syndicate View Post
it constantly says Found New Hardware and then it says Windows cannot locate any drivers when I try to install it.
Are you telling me you Ignored the Windows prompts?
Did you get this PT DVD with the package your mini came in?
Old 06-10-2010, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rqstudio View Post
You were the one that said "Windows cannot locate the drivers:"

Are you telling me you Ignored the Windows prompts?
Did you get this PT DVD with the package your mini came in?
Yea I ignored the prompts but it still did the same.
Yea this dvd came with it.

PRO TOOLS LE 8 Installer

Digi Design is Avid

WINDOWS/MAC OS X

For Mbox 22, MBox 2 Mini, Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, 003, 003 Rack, Elven Rack and VENUE FWx.

Its a brownish dvd.

Should I go to the device manager and remove the MBox device and uninstall Pro Tools and restart or is it another method you would suggest?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:52 PM

I found this page in "Search" Check it out...http://duc.digidesign.com/search.php?searchid=3209129
Old 06-11-2010, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrical_Syndicate View Post
Ok thanks, but, I tried following directions exactly as it said several times and even when I ignored the prompts it still couldn't locate the driver files. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. So how do I manually take them off of the disk? It only shows setup, additional files, uninstall pro tools and licenses. I think the driver files are within the setup file because I don't see a drivers folder by exploring the disk.
I would suggest try the following steps.
1.uninstall all pt related drivers and software using control panel > programs> remove
2.use windows system restore to restore your windows system before the FIRST PT installation
3.start PT installation with mbox UNPLUGGED,and plug it when installation prompts you to do so.
4. WATCH what ur screen tells you carefully,and ignore the found new hardware windows ,DO NOT even click on them
5,when the driver;s digital signature window appears ,tell it to continue with driver installation