Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-18-2002, 04:52 PM

Default Re: How long does it take your mac to start up?

I had the same problem. It was the atto card:
the atto tech gave me this solution:

Have you tried reflashing the cards firmware to version 1.6.6, use option 2
when using the flash utility. Next open ExpressPro Tools and set the cards
NVRAM to defaults. When you see the cards bus in the program double click
it and you will see the defaults button. Reboot the machine and see if
that fixes the problem. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Neve 8816(adc option) + 8804 Summing Amp
Control 24
http://www.soulspiritstudio.com
Old 10-19-2002, 10:24 AM

I tried disabling the RAM test at startup as described in the above post (hold command/option when opening the control panel) but no "secret" selection shows up. I'm using OS 9.2.2 and the control panel version is v8.1.3

Anyone have any suggestions? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2002, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by L M:
I tried disabling the RAM test at startup as described in the above post (hold command/option when opening the control panel) but no "secret" selection shows up. I'm using OS 9.2.2 and the control panel version is v8.1.3

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes it WILL pop up!.... Command and option is two different keys on your keyboard... it is the "alt key" and the "apple" key... try again and the "secret" option WILL show.

DigiDAW.
Old 10-20-2002, 09:39 AM

Quote:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">BTW: you say "when opening control panel"... obviously he ment the "Memory" control panel which is inside the control panels!.

DigiDAW.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:03 AM

Quote:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes it WILL pop up!.... Command and option is two different keys on your keyboard... it is the "alt key" and the "apple" key... try again and the "secret" option WILL show.

DigiDAW.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:19 AM

Hmmm -

I do know what the option and command keys are, I'm a veteran mac user, but I can understand you wanting to clarify that. It should be a very simple thing, from the description of the procedure.

I've tried it on both my macs, a G4 and a Beige G3, both running 9.2.2 and the control panel looks the same as it normally does.

I am holding down both the command and option keys (the two keys to the immediate left of the space bar) as I double-click the memory control panel to launch it. Am I doing it right?

Anyone else unable to do this, or is it really just me? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Thanks.
Old 10-21-2002, 02:31 AM

Okay, this is strange - after trying to access the secret section of the memory control panel about 20 times without success, I tried this:

I opened the control panels folder, then single-clicked on the memory control panel. Then I held down the option and command keys while pressing the "O" key (to open). The secret section appeared!

After closing the control panel, I was then successful holding the option and command keys while double-clicking the memory control panel.

I use Kensington mice, I don't know if that has anything to do with this behaviour or not.