Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2012, 07:25 AM

Default Video Output on a PC

Looks like the most cost-effective option, IIUC, is to add a video card to my system, which currently uses the host CPU's video capability for dual monitors. I'd like a third (a flat screen TV) to display video from Pro Tools.

Am I thinking correctly? Just add a video card and use that output as part of the extended desktop onto which I drag and expand the QuickTime viewer from PT?

If so, how exactly do I configure/integrate that card into the desktop environment currently manifesting through my Sandy Bridge-embedded video processor? I would normally do this with a single video card and its control panel app. But, now, it seems I'll have two independent video control panels... ?

Appreciate any sage advice. And video card recommendations, if this all will actually work the way I'm hoping it will.