Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 03-22-2016, 09:51 AM

Default new hardware recognition in old session

I am still running PT 7.1 with and HD3 system (Mac). The system has always been configured with two 192 I/O's. I recently added a third 192. Any sessions created before the addition of the third 192 do not allow it to be configured for use. They see it but it can't be configured. The inputs and outputs can not be routed and made available. I have several on going projects for which I would like to use the third 192. I have tried creating a new session and importing the data from the old session. The third 192 is usable until the old session data is imported. I think I can import audio files only and get it to work. But this leaves me with a lot of work and time to recreate everything I have already done on the previous sessions. Is it possible to get older sessions to recognize the added 192? Any suggestions/solutions or references to previous posts that cover this issue would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:25 PM

Default Re: new hardware recognition in old session

I made the original post. I have worked the problem more. I found that I can configure the third 192 I/0 in sessions created prior to when it was added but the inputs do not show up as usable in the session. Curiously, the third I/O outputs and inserts are available. Only the inputs are a problem.