Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2010, 06:40 PM

Default Pro Tools "quits unexpectedly"

I have a Pro Tools set up running on my Vista desktop. I now also have a small pro tools set up on my MacBook Pro with a M-Box 2 Micro. I wanted to transfer one of my sessions to the MacBook Pro just so I'd have something to look at and work on. I copied the Pro Tools file, the fade files, and all the audio files and brought them onto the MacBook Pro. When I try to open the session, it always stops while loading one of the audio files (it's not the same one every time) and I'll get the "Pro Tools LE has quit unexpectedly" message. The only thing I can think of is that the session is just too big with too many Audio Files for the computer to handle. Any thoughts?

As far as equipment:

Pro Tools LE 8.0.3
Mac OS X 10.6.3 (Snow Leopard)
The MacBook Pro itself is fairly old. It used to have OS X Tiger on it.

EDIT: I got it to open all the way, though as soon as I tried to play it, the computer froze up and eventually shut down. I'll try again and see if I can get it to work.