Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2008, 11:18 PM

Question Upgrade from Amp Farm to POD Farm Platinum

So the nice people at Line 6 have offered the opportunity to upgrade to POD Farm Platinum for $99 to licensed users of Amp Farm 3.0. Great news, and the POD Farm product has the best graphical interface for Pro Tools you've seen. The license for Platinum downloads nicely into iLok. So far so good.

Now: how on earth do you find the Platinum software to download? Off the Line 6 site it's relatively easy to download the regular POD Farm software, and it works fine in PT8.0. But how do you get at the Platinum (with all of the additional components)?

Mergerboy

PT8.0; G5; 192; Leopard

Last edited by Mergerboy; 12-26-2008 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Adding my setup
Old 12-28-2008, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Upgrade from Amp Farm to POD Farm Platinum

There's only one installer, POD Farm. Your platinum license will unlock all amps and efx (the regular license shows some stuff grayed-out). For $99, it's a ridiculously good deal, tons of stuff inside, and the plugin allows you to chain amps and efx together in whatever manner you like. Big mistake not to take this upgrade, and no, I don't work for Line6.....
Old 12-28-2008, 06:42 PM

what if you want to work in 7.4.1 still as you are getting used to 8.0

and need amp farm there and not the upgrade

will that work?

Old 12-28-2008, 06:48 PM

One question... over the years we have done many projects using AmpFarm.
So, if I were to recall a session from say a couple of years ago will PODFarm be compatible and give me the same settings?

It is not very clear as to if this is a totally new plugin or an enhanced version of the old one with backward compatibility...
Old 12-28-2008, 06:56 PM

its more or less like owning a pod x3
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 PM

You can still use Amp Farm if you do the upgrade to PODFarm. They are totally different plugins. The sounds are different and, by the way, much better in PODFarm. As alw4461 said, it's all of the sounds in and functionality of the Pod X3.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Where are you guys finding the upgrade? I can only see regular purchases through the store...

Thanks!
Sig
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 PM

A1:

I would think Amp Farm will still be available in the TDM drop down menu and Pod Farm would be in the RTAS menu.

I cannot believe they would make it inoperable with an RTAS update for a TDM plug.

If that's the case I'll hang back with the TDM version, thank you very much.

And though this was a Digidesign sent message I find no mention of it in the "News" drop down on the Digi boot page. And there is no clarification on the Line 6 pages or FAQs either--to my eye anywaze.

Anyone out there know where the actual skinny is regarding this?

Digi?

J Fred in Nashville
Old 12-29-2008, 12:11 AM

From what I see it is not a special deal and I'd say the End-Of-Life email was misleading. . . that is low down! After buying Amp Farm and paying all the upgrades along the way, it appears we have no advantage in this deal because it appears to be $99 for anyone off the street from what the website says. See below:
Quote:
POD Farm
( iLok License )
POD® tone in any DAW $99.00

Item cannot be returned. Return policy

This is an iLok License. You must have an iLok device to use this product.
POD Farm is the new plug-in software platform that enables POD tone in virtually any DAW and is Mac® AU/RTAS/VST and Windows® RTAS/VST compatible for seamless integration with all major recording software applications.
It's an upgrade for owners of iLok® hardware that gives you ultimate flexibility with a crucial collection of tones no recording guitarist should be without. For example, after you record a dry guitar signal you can audition different tones for it during playback without changing your original recording. This way you will always have the right guitar tone to fit the song without having to re-record that "perfect" riff. You can also stack multiple amp and effects models to further customize your guitar tone. You can even split your guitar signal and play through two full rigs of amps, cabs, effects and more to produce classic dual tone combinations or gorgeous new hybrids. Dual Tone presets provide tried-and-true tone combinations in an instant.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegfried Meier View Post
Where are you guys finding the upgrade? I can only see regular purchases through the store...

Thanks!
Sig
I want to know as well. Can someone post the link to the UPGRADE?