Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2003, 10:19 PM

Default Help....pci bus full.....need to move tracks

Hi, I goofed and recorded all my tracks so far to my 2nd internal drive when I meant to record to my two fire wire drives. How can I remove the tracks from my internal drive and divide them amongst my two fw drives? Please only advise me if you know for sure how to fix this. I don't want to create another nightmare.

thank you,
STeve
Old 11-18-2003, 12:20 PM

Default Re: Help....pci bus full.....need to move tracks

Hi!
While testing the possibility of actually getting all 192 voices going with Accel, I did something similar.

First, back-up your session- always.

Next, if you used good naming habits, *knowing* which audio files are which regions for which tracks, etc should be easy. Keep the regions for certain tracks or groups of tracks together. Then simply create folders on each firewire, call them the same as you call the session folder you are currently using.create an Audio file within each. Move the groups of *like* files as you want. Open session, and use linking to find all the files. If you have Digibase set up well, autolink should work fine. Save session with a new name, so you know it is the redistributed file session. Walla! Should be good to go.

I have not used firewire drives yet (no reason to for me), so if there is some caveat I am unaware of here, please correct me.

In my case, the 192 would play from a single drive (yeah, big suprise- lol). I saved the session, close dit, moved the regions for 52 of the tracks to a different IDE drive, reopened session, linked files, and all was well and good in the land of ridiculous track count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki-k View Post
Sometimes ya just gotta put your tongue on the 9V battery just to see what all the fuss is about.
Old 11-21-2003, 09:27 PM

Default Re: Help....pci bus full.....need to move tracks

Nikki, a few things that totally went over my head. I think I understand the basics of what you're saying, but two things:

-Digibase? never heard of it and I can't find a mention of it in the manual
-linking? how do I set this up...don't see it in the manual either

thanks very much for your time.

ps...I'm on xp.........you're not on mac are you?