Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid Pro Mixing General Discussion

Old 04-15-2017, 04:50 AM

Default Re: EuCon 3.4/3.5Mouse troubles

@BSTEEVE: Same here, 3.6 doesn't fix it... My mouse isn't strange at all, when i doesnt use it as external Workstation... But with that crappy Avid Driver Adobe PP wont work right together...

Had always Trouble with that stupid Avid Artist ****sport

>Thanks for nothing

@Topic... Mouse rans Retard (some Kind of laggy) when i set the pollingrate to >1000 Hz or too high of my mouse... but happen only when that stupid EuControl runs... (err that was before Win10 Creators Update! Now ist totally broken!)
Check how high your polling rate Setting of your mousesoftware is.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prollo123 View Post
@BSTEEVE: Same here, 3.6 doesn't fix it... My mouse isn't strange at all, when i doesnt use it as external Workstation... But with that crappy Avid Driver Adobe PP wont work right together...

Had always Trouble with that stupid Avid Artist ****sport

>Thanks for nothing

@Topic... Mouse rans Retard (some Kind of laggy) when i set the pollingrate to >1000 Hz or too high of my mouse... but happen only when that stupid EuControl runs... (err that was before Win10 Creators Update! Now ist totally broken!)
Check how high your polling rate Setting of your mousesoftware is.
Are you using 2 workstations ? If not make sure the External Workstation setting is not checked. We are still working on a fix so that you can have a 2nd Workstation with Windows Creators and that should be in the next release.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:32 AM

No i don't... but when unchecked my Artist Transport wont work with Adobe premiere!

Mhh in short test it worked unchecked... suddenly, earlier this day it won't (inproper function of e.g. jog/shuttle)

In past i need to check this Option because of fixing any problem. I forgotten why i had to check it. Sure is that something don't work properly...

Why the mouse (e.g. moving any window) went crappy when polling rate of mouse is set too high?
Or is this a Problem of this "external WS"?

Edit: And why i cant use 2 Wheel Softkey Command together with Premiere Pro? (Set 2x Wheeltype where one is shuttle and the other jog on one! softkey... with properly Edit Control Function: Shuttle or Jog. Shuttle won't work anymore...)

Last edited by Prollo123; 04-15-2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Avid

Checking External WS restarts Eucon...that is what is probably fixing issues, not this feature.
To be able to capture the mouse and Keyboard and pass onto a second WS we had to have a driver that sits in between. This extra layer probably can't handle the high polling. Is there a reason why you need it so high? BUT anyway you don't need External WS so should leave that off.

If you have other issues we can try and find out what they are.
Old 04-22-2017, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Checking External WS restarts Eucon...that is what is probably fixing issues, not this feature.
To be able to capture the mouse and Keyboard and pass onto a second WS we had to have a driver that sits in between. This extra layer probably can't handle the high polling. Is there a reason why you need it so high? BUT anyway you don't need External WS so should leave that off.

If you have other issues we can try and find out what they are.
wow, for the past few months I've had fatal cpu spikes followed by AVE errors forcing a full windows reboot about every 2 hours. Turned down mouse polling from 500 to 125 Hz (didn't even know that setting existed since I'm not a gamer). Haven't had a single crash in 2 days since.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:01 AM

And noboby knows, that the second layer fails!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM

Running Artist MIX and Transport here with PT[Control on iPad(2nd gen) with Eucon 3.6 with no issues.(using Logitech G300s gaming mouse)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 PM

v3.6.1... nothing changes...
Old 06-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prollo123 View Post
v3.6.1... nothing changes...
What exactly is the issue ?