Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2016, 02:14 AM

Default Odd issue. Any ideas please?

Hi guys & girls.
I wonder if anyone would be able to help me with an issue I have with my Command 8.
I have owned my Command 8 control surface for 5 years from new now and it has been kept in A1 condition in a non smoking environment.
I use the control surface every day in my semi pro home studio with the latest pro tools and it has never let me down, apart from its curious behaviour when I switch it on (this happens when my computer is off and the command 8 is totally disconnected from my computer. No USB, no audio leads etc).
The issue stated also occurs when the USB is connected to my computer.
At first, I though it may be the faders need replacing, or it was a static build up. I have replaced the faders, (not cheap!). This still didn't sort the issue.
I can only assume that the firmware may need downgrading and then upgrading again or the main chip need re-writing.
Alternatively, dose anyone know of a 'Hard Reset' you can do to the Command 8, that would re-set all parameters as if it was a new, never before used desk. (I'm thinking it could be a MIDI transmission issue conflicting with another device. Maybe it's written something into the memory of the Command 8). Just grasping at ideas.

Each time I power up the unit, different faders are effected.

Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

VIDEO : https://youtu.be/YZDwmYWNoaw

Last edited by rpl16a; 04-21-2016 at 03:43 AM.