Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 05-25-2011, 12:57 PM

Default Intensity Pro Problem

Anybody ever have an issue with the blackmagic intensity pro where the PCIE option was allowed but you get a black picture or no picture whatsoever out the HDMI ports? Happened after I lost power to the machine, not sure if there was a short in the card or something? Worked perfect before the power failure.

Nathan
Old 05-25-2011, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Intensity Pro Problem

Hi,

I have had a similar problem with a Decklink card, which afaik uses the same driver.

Our stemrecorder machine is mainly accessed by screen sharing/VNC only, and after rebooting without a display connected there was no picture coming out of the SDI output of the decklink card. The video out PCIe option was still selectable. Took me a while to figure out..

Espen
Old 05-25-2011, 04:53 PM

So what did you do to fix the problem?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:27 PM

I connected a display and restarted the computer, and everything was fine.

Seems that Mac Pro's don't like being headless.. Also, if you try to use Protools without a physical display attached, all Waves plug-in windows will just be gray without any graphics.

Espen
Old 05-27-2011, 11:32 AM

Thumbs down Re: Intensity Pro Problem

Yeah on a sidenote I use "chicken of the VNC" which works pretty decent but had problems with Protools crashing after leaving a session open, and importing multiple videos into the timeline. (Not more than one video at a time but removing one video and importing another) After you import the 3rd of 4th quicktime Protools and the VNC program will stop responding. My tech advisor said it's better to connect a display to the MacPro. I did this and now I don't have any problems, which is kind of stupid because I don't even need the display (or keyboard for that matter) connected to the satellite system. I just sits there connected and unused but makes the VNC work better (not crash.) So yeah macpros always require displays connected to them even if you are using a VNC program using a satellite Protools system to run video.

Oh, and my video card died, having to get a new one. I think I had a short or something and the card croaked.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:43 AM

Red face Re: Intensity Pro Problem

Replaced the card, the card died after a short from something that tripped a circuit breaker.