Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2014, 05:12 PM

Default Re: Miroslav Philharmonik... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazuk View Post
But sampletank 3 doesn't even support host automation ( only the hard coded 8 macros ) so I don't hold out much hope.
Not true. Did you watch the video I linked above? I am automating the Stretch Time knob, in addition to Macro 1 which controls the Swell. The knobs on the Edit page are not pre-mapped, you have to map them yourself using MIDI Learn. Not the end of the world though, it's just a matter of clicking the 'Learn' button, then clicking on the knob or fader you want to automate, then moving your hardware controller. To speed this up even further, I save everything as an ST3 Multi so I can have all my MIDI mappings intact the next time I want to use them. I also have an empty Multi with no instruments but CCs pre-mapped. As you can tell, I'm all about saving presets.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rennyz27 View Post
Not true. Did you watch the video I linked above? I am automating the Stretch Time knob, in addition to Macro 1 which controls the Swell. The knobs on the Edit page are not pre-mapped, you have to map them yourself using MIDI Learn. Not the end of the world though, it's just a matter of clicking the 'Learn' button, then clicking on the knob or fader you want to automate, then moving your hardware controller. To speed this up even further, I save everything as an ST3 Multi so I can have all my MIDI mappings intact the next time I want to use them. I also have an empty Multi with no instruments but CCs pre-mapped. As you can tell, I'm all about saving presets.
And that's a good thing. IK stupidly removed global MIDI assignments for a number of things, volume being one of those.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:23 PM

You are talking about midi automation, not host automation.

Totally different things.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2014, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
And that's a good thing. IK stupidly removed global MIDI assignments for a number of things, volume being one of those.
I agree that CC7 and 10 should be hard mapped to Volume and Pan in every software instrument plugin and it is stupid that IK removed it. But I downloaded a Multi from a user called Darkstar who mapped these CCs in an empty Multi so it's not an issue anymore. If anyone wants it, I can link it here.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I agree that CC7 and 10 should be hard mapped to Volume and Pan in every software instrument plugin and it is stupid that IK removed it. But I downloaded a Multi from a user called Darkstar who mapped these CCs in an empty Multi so it's not an issue anymore. If anyone wants it, I can link it here.
I know of Darkstar - he's one of the movers and shakers with IK. I don't know if he works for them directly but he's all over their forums (might be an admin). Multi's aren't hard to do if you keep your mind about what you're doing. And don't forget to save along the way while making a Multi - that way when you screw up (and you will because I know I did) you can go back to the last known good bit and go forwards from there.

QAPLA!
Old 12-19-2014, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topazuk View Post
You are talking about midi automation, not host automation.

Totally different things.
You're talking about Volume and Pan from the host application, right? Yeah, I have been discussing the workaround for that problem. No longer a problem for me.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So just load up the multi before instantiating instruments? I'd like that, if you can upload it.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
So just load up the multi before instantiating instruments? I'd like that, if you can upload it.
Yes, load the Multi first. In Logic, I have this Multi saved as the Default patch so everytime I load up Samepletank 3, this Multi loads up automatically, and everything is ready to go.

Check out this link, scroll directly to the bottom of the page and look for post #167. You will find Darkstar's post as well as the link to download the Multi. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=143494&page=5

You know.. I'm just as frustrated as everyone else about the automation thingy, but you can sit around and complain about it... or you can try to find solutions. I as well as hundreds of other ST3 users have put this in as a feature request and I'm sure the IK team are working on it. In the meantime, I have no problems with CC7 and 10 not being pre-mapped since using this Multi.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Check out this link
Thanks! much appreciated. I'd test it out, but I don't have my iLok with me so I can't launch PT, and Reaper is confounding me.

EDIT: Figured it out. Working fine!
Old 12-19-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
EDIT: Figured it out. Working fine!
Great! I'm glad it's helped you and I hope this helps others who are looking for solutions as well.