Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2010, 04:42 PM

Default Re: 11 Rack ON/OFF Sound Glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
One last question. Why nott repair it? Or is it safer to swap it?

Thank you // jon
not sure of what repair options you have, i see you are overseas. swapping would be a lot cheaper (i.e. free) than shipping costs across the ocean.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 09-30-2010, 05:02 PM

Swapping is usually faster than repairing. But if you are out of luck your dealer has received a whole bunch of defective units, just like the poor guy from Austria in the forementioned thread. You may receive defective units over and over again. If your dealer has a garage he can probably repair it, but I am not sure whether they not WHAT to repair. I am not sure whether our dealers have any information about this "components being out of spec" issue, and IMO this sucks ...

I am desperately waiting for a response to the issues I addressed to the Avid Tech Support, enabling me to tell my dealer WHAT has to be repaired once I sent them my unit for a warranty repair. Usually, they just send you a replacement unit, but I want the issue with MY unit to be solved, instead of receiving another defective unit.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 PM

Moin Ralf Alsterkante, Winterhude. Leider diesmal beim grossen T

Memory reset will not resolve this problem. My unit lost sync via AES/EBU also. I'm going to open a ticket and call my dealer to send me new unit.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Avid

Sorry you guys got bad units. At this point I think your best option is to contact Avid Customer Support. We are confident that we can solve the problem and get you up and running. Make sure you register your Eleven Rack.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:31 AM

Hi Chris sounds good. Just wonder about the registration, i remember that i did do it the same day i bought it but i don't have any confirmation about it. how do i know?

(And who exactly do i contact regarding this issue, iknow the support but is it the number to HQ or some other thing?)
In my case i see that the Swedish Regional Authorized Repair Center is Sontec Hi Fi is this the guys that will do the repair?
I edit this post like a freak but i found my local Avid support center in Stockholm i suppose that this is the guys i will be talking with! (Avid Nordic AB)
Just want to make sure i'm on the right track.

Thank you for all support // Jon

Last edited by ontheroad; 10-01-2010 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Another question
Old 10-01-2010, 06:15 AM

@fsb1: Der große T ist nicht das Problem. Ich war bisher immer sehr zufrieden mit dem Service von Thomann, und mit den gelieferten Waren. Melde das Problem doch mal der Gitarrenabteilung. Der Herr Cox freut sich bestimmt, wenn zur Abwechslung mal jemand anderes über das Eleven Rack nöhlt ;-)

Chris, thank you for the offer! Even if I will have to wait another 2 weeks – or even more – to receive a response from the Avid Support Center, I will add a case. This is not mission critical, and it will make me feel more confident receiving a replacement unit that has been subjected to extra testing.