Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 12-15-2015, 10:37 AM

Default "Connecting to Avid Video Engine"

Hello.

Just updated to PT12HD. Did a fresh install on a new drive of both ElCap and subsequently PT12HD. Now, whenever I launch pro-tools...and I mean every single time I launch the application....I get a "Connecting to Avid Video Engine" dialog that takes upwards of a minute to go away.

Extremely annoying. Is anyone else noticing this and is there a fix?

Thanks.

MACPro 12Core 2.26GHz, 32G RAM, Native PCIe, PT12.3.x
Old 12-15-2015, 06:13 PM

Default Re: "Connecting to Avid Video Engine"

Yes, this has actually been going on for some time now with 11xx HD. I see this also now in 12HD. However my rig is now only taking about 10 seconds to connect and I don't know why I'm getting this better behavior. I have many co-workers still experiencing what you are, around a minute to connect. Avid has not weighed in on this too much although I did complete one of their surveys during 2015 which was asking about it. Again my rig is now behaving more properly...10 seconds on an SSD install...but of course other issues remain in the Vid engine...hopefully to be resolved as we get into 2016.

Wilson Dyer MPSE
Sound Supervisor: NCIS Los Angeles, CBS Television