Default Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
WUP/Waves - not for me thanks

1) I don't like their business practices
2) I don't rate their clones i.e. of the Cedar DNS
3) I choose not to support Israeli companies
4) I have found their automation unreiliable

I am very glad that I am not faced with a back catalogue of sessions with their plugs moving into the AAX DSP new frontier.

These are my personal choices.

cheers
I completely agree (aside from point #3, please avoid personal politics here)... but let's not turn this into a shootout. There are those of us who use it, and those of us who don't. I don't care for the WUP myself, but I imagine if I had spent thousands over the years keeping my plugins up to date just to find out that it isn't in their business plan anymore, I'd be miffed about it, too.

Customers have every right to be upset, but to put to blame on Avid for releasing new hardware is silly. Avid is moving forward, Waves is choosing not to.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 06-07-2012, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEROPHONICS View Post
WUP/Waves - not for me thanks

1) I don't like their business practices
2) I don't rate their clones i.e. of the Cedar DNS
3) I choose not to support Israeli companies <= whole and unessential debate starter here (politicz)
4) I have found their automation unreiliable

I am very glad that I am not faced with a back catalogue of sessions with their plugs moving into the AAX DSP new frontier.

These are my personal choices.

cheers
#3 let's hope they never come with a life curing treatment for any of the world wide biggest ailments. Cause with that thinking you'd be hard pressed to just lay down and die instead of taking it.. but eh.. your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
I completely agree... but let's not turn this into a shootout. There are those of us who use it, and those of us who don't. I don't care for the WUP myself, but I imagine if I had spent thousands over the years keeping my plugins up to date just to find out that it isn't in their business plan anymore, I'd be miffed about it, too.

Customers have every right to be upset, but to put to blame on Avid for releasing new hardware is silly. Avid is moving forward, Waves is choosing not to.
Totally agree.

Wave-T.com
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM

From many trusted sources of ours who work hand in hand, AAX native will be coming. AAX DSP is not a go yet but it's leaning positive.

Actually it's McDSP that's holding up our switch to HDX3. Way too many projects w filterbank, 6030, ML4000.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 PM

...But when the $2000 worth of nails you just bought become useless, you have a legit reason to complain ....
Old 06-10-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eveaudio View Post
...But when the $2000 worth of nails you just bought become useless, you have a legit reason to complain ....
Huh?
Old 06-26-2012, 03:47 AM

Thumbs down Waves Audio no plans for AAX DSP support

This question is for company Waves Audio

No news at all on DSP AAX support. ARE YOU GOING TO SUPPORT AAX DSP OR NOT? Please make a decision so we can either make plans or leave Waves.

The answer

There are no plans for AAX DSP support

Avid C24
Avid I/O 16*16
Old 06-26-2012, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Waves Audio no plans for AAX DSP support

Well at least now you/we know...better that than to be kept in doubt.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:13 PM

Smile Re: Waves Audio AAX DSP

I agree regarding the fact that the plug-in does not make the mix. However, for those of us that have considerable investments in various waves Platinum or Diamond bundles X two or three studios, switching to a different manufacturer would be a tad pricey and doesn't make sense. Especially having to already fork out the dough to upgrade three or four PT HD systems and IO, since version 10 is the last hurrah for our 192's. Makes you want to chuck it all, go native and keep tracks and plug-ins to a minimum. I expect Waves will get with the program. It just takes time.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:18 PM

192s should work, it's just if they don't Avid is not going to do anything to make them work

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 09-10-2012, 05:31 PM

Fellas, just a have a listen to the UA versions of what Waves have attempted to model, and you'll care less about AAX DSP support!

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Closed Thread