Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2023, 05:15 PM

Default Hi

Hi Jeremy here I am a student at Full Sail University I joined Avid Pro Audio Community because I am taking a music course and it was agreed that I find a community that goes along with my adventure at Full Sail University. My inquiring is because I just joined the community and plan to adventure for studio equipment, plug-in’s, vst’s, compressors, the best equipment for mixing and mastering, equipment that will give my beats quality sound for radio play, listening party’s, grammys and promotion deals. I have an assignment and I am adventuring to know about the Avid Pro Audio Community to write an introduction for my essay, if you don’t mind I only have one question.
Q&A
1. What is this community about?
Old 10-10-2023, 05:57 PM

Default Re: Hi

Hey Jeremy,

Welcome again.

The DUC was started in 1997 as an online forum for Digidesign users to seek out help and pass along tips to fellow users around the globe.

If you don’t know what Digidesign is, you can do a quick Google search or ask ChatGPT.

Over the years it has become a “home base” of sorts for people seeking help with Pro Tools, Plugins, Recording, Mixing, or basically any aspect of the audio world and also Avid software and hardware.

As the internet grew and social media, like Facebook, became more mainstream, some folks fell off the DUC to join those forums. Fortunately, the DUC has survived and every thread that was ever created is searchable. This means that anyone having an issue can either search for it here or post their own thread seeking help or guidance.

This is just the basics of the DUC. I’m sure others will chime in as well.

Last edited by its2loud; 10-10-2023 at 06:56 PM.
Old 10-10-2023, 06:50 PM
Admin Emeritus

What he said.
Old 10-21-2023, 05:42 PM
SPAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Hey Jeremy,

Welcome again.

The DUC was started in 1997 as an online forum for Digidesign users to seek out help and pass along tips to fellow users around the globe.

If you don’t know what Digidesign is, you can do a quick Google search or ask ChatGPT.

Over the years it has become a “home base” of sorts for people seeking help with Pro Tools, Plugins, Recording, Mixing, or basically any aspect of the audio world and also Avid software and hardware.

As the internet grew and social media, like Facebook, became more mainstream, some folks fell off the DUC to join those forums. Fortunately, the DUC has survived and every thread that was ever created is searchable. This means that anyone having an issue can either search for it here or post their own thread seeking help or guidance.
By the way, I'm a college student and now I'm facing the fact that I didn't know how best to do regarding writing this or that written paper. Because we were just overwhelmed with them, and I was still traveling to work. And there was no time at all. Fortunately, then I found a college paper writing service https://academized.com/college-paper-writing-service and only they helped me out. I am very grateful to them that they always managed to do my assignment on time at a high level, without plagiarism and so on.
This is just the basics of the DUC. I’m sure others will chime in as well.
I think DUC will be around for a long time, there is no such good alternative anyway.

Last edited by Bonaro; 10-23-2023 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2023, 06:00 PM

I hope it stays DUC. Because Avid User Conference (AUC) would be better known as Area Under the Curve

APAC (Avid Pro Audio Community) would also be off limits, because that generally speaking refers to Asia-Pacific.
Old 10-22-2023, 06:13 AM

I hope it stays the DUC, I would shed a tear if I didn't see that little wood duck every time I log in.
Old 10-22-2023, 06:27 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfyou View Post
I hope it stays the DUC, I would shed a tear if I didn't see that little wood duck every time I log in.
We’re here to stay and continue to grow and help, one Pro Tools user at a time :)

:)

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com