Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2008, 11:07 AM

Default Amp Farm & plug problems w/Leopard

Upon upgrading to Leopard 10.5.3 and ProTools 7.4.2,several plug ins came up saying I needed to visit the Pace site for a download.Amp Farm and Echo Farm were among the several that came up.After visiting Pace,everything came up fine except for Amp Farm.I retried the process with the same results.Anyone run across this?Also Speed,Pitchblender and Timeblender are not seeing their iLok registrations.When I check the ILok it shows they are there.These came in a Massive Pack bundle.Is it something I said? I'm running a 2.5 dual G5 with 3Gb of RAM.Thanks .....bw
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Amp Farm & plug problems w/Leopard

Quote:
Upon upgrading to Leopard 10.5.3 and ProTools 7.4.2,several plug ins came up saying I needed to visit the Pace site for a download.Amp Farm and Echo Farm were among the several that came up.After visiting Pace,everything came up fine except for Amp Farm.I retried the process with the same results.Anyone run across this?Also Speed,Pitchblender and Timeblender are not seeing their iLok registrations.When I check the ILok it shows they are there.These came in a Massive Pack bundle.Is it something I said? I'm running a 2.5 dual G5 with 3Gb of RAM.Thanks .....bw
Hi,

It sounds like some of your plugins are not the leopard compatible versions! Soundtoys must be version 3 for leopard! if you own earlier version of soundtoys you will have to buy the v3 upgrades. Amp farm needs to be 3.1.0 if you own amp farm version 3 you can download the latest version. if you own version 2.4 you will have to buy the version 3 upgrade.

amp farm update page...

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...51&itemid=1001

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:34 PM

I still can't get my Amp Farm 3.1.0 plug to instantiate after upgrading to PT 7.4.2. Just keeps giving me the same "Pace" prompt and then the Digi error #-7054 prompt. Anybody else experience the same? Any solutions? About to give up on this puppy - wasted enough time!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Default Amp Farm 3.1 + Pace not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by newburysound View Post
I still can't get my Amp Farm 3.1.0 plug to instantiate after upgrading to PT 7.4.2. Just keeps giving me the same "Pace" prompt and then the Digi error #-7054 prompt.
Same here .. but I can't give up, I use it a lot. Can't believe we're the only ones having this problem.

As for Soundtoys ... not to mention McDSP, whose Massive Pack plugs also need to be upgraded, i.e. bought!

B
Old 07-21-2008, 10:48 PM

Just checked and my Amp Farm 3.1.0 loads up on 7.4.2 on 10.5.4

Just to be sure, What's the name of your Amp Farm iLok license?
Mine is:

Product: Amp Farm 3

Company: Digidesign

Type: License

I'd try trashing Amp Farm.dpm and installing it again and seeing:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...wnloadid=31322
Old 07-23-2008, 08:10 AM

Unhappy problems with missing PACE extensions

I was running latest version of Tiger and PT 7.4cs5
then I did the upgrade to Leopard 10.5.3 and then upgraded to PT 7.4.2
now I keep getting messages that my PACE extensions are missing and it directs me to a download of software that I keep installing and it says it is "successful" but still never goes away. No "Waves" no "ampfarm"
PACE says to contact the other software parties - do we really need to track down all the companies to take care of this ?
Has anyone figured this out?
Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 AM

I just upgraded too, and have the same problems as infectionsaudio. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:23 AM

Default Same Problem Here

You're not alone. Same situation here with Ampfarm. I have a regional Digi rep coming to my studio tomorrow. I will advise with his comments about this situation later.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:50 PM

Default this might help

i got it worked out with the help of a digi tech yestarday.
you might have to go and trash a bunch of pace related stuff.
but before you go through all that it might just be as easy as removing your pluggins folder(save a copy) and re-install 7.4.2 with the standard pluggins that come with it- and then by process of elimination figure out which ones are giving you the problem

then make sure you get all the latest versions of the pluggins that you own ( you might have to pay the piper for the upgrade). Amp Farm is one of them..

I made the assumption that just because my pluggin was approved for 7.4.2 that the version i was using would work - that is not so- my mistake

good luck

PS - Is there anyone using G5 dual 2 ghz PPC that notices how slow everything is with Leopard?
I am also getting a lot less CPU power - sessions that ran fine in Tiger are now telling me I need to reduce the number of RTAS pluggins because of low CPU and my settings are maxxed out... I have 6 gigs of RAM
If you're using this machine I would suggest staying away from this OS (leopard) until this mess gets worked out or until you really have to....
my 2cents