How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2014, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Delay Compensation bug in PT11 with AOS plug-ins

You can have your workarounds.
If this issue is not a big deal to you that's fine.
This thread is about the Delay Compensation bug in PT11 with AOS plug-ins.
It's my prerogative to squawk about it and I will continue to be the one that annoys.

E
Old 06-13-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Re: New workaround for ADC/EZ Drummer multi-outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not feeling ripped off by Avid; I just render my multiple output vi's to audio before using any fx. Rather than go on and on about it I do the render and get on with my work. Do I want it fixed? Definitely. Will I sit and stew about it? No. It's not the end of the world people.
I get the feeling that, like many, you have no choice in your choice of DAW, an unfortunate situation that allows Avid to get away with it.

You are right, it is not the end of the World, but this bug is sufficiently serious to put off anyone from using PT11 who are not prepared to compromise. I came to PT expecting the best, the "Industry Standard" of DAWs and it simply is not.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:13 AM

I can certainly understand user's frustration. But AVID are far from alone when it comes to bugs/issues with a major upgrade such as this (TOTAL rewrite-Logic 10 comes to mind). I'm grateful for their consideration offering a simultaneous PT10 solution that works WELL. This has worked great for me personally while plugin manufactures catch up to the curve. I am constantly running PT10 sessions at work (stuck working alongside an old version of Media Composer) and then bringing them to my home studio and working in PT11.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 06-13-2014, 11:45 AM

Can an Avid rep responsibly please answer the following questions ;

a)is this bug being fixed ? If yes....
b)when can we expect the update?

Thanks,
OG
Old 06-13-2014, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogregomixmaster.net View Post
Can an Avid rep responsibly please answer the following questions ;

b)when can we expect the update?

Thanks,
OG
a) they already said yes in this thread

b) PT bug fixes don't usually get an ETA. They get released when they are done fixing it.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:36 PM

Default Re: New workaround for ADC/EZ Drummer multi-outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Not feeling ripped off by Avid; I just render my multiple output vi's to audio before using any fx. Rather than go on and on about it I do the render and get on with my work. Do I want it fixed? Definitely. Will I sit and stew about it? No. It's not the end of the world people.
That's great your workflow and music situation allows you to do this and be so meh about it. I think I got a few more grey hairs hitting a trailer deadline the other week. I write to picture mostly. This is not helpful at all in most situations. You're constantly getting notes from producers and making adjustments and changes. printing 300 + tracks over and over is an absolute waste of time on already insanely tight schedules.

I'm writing 3min a day sometimes and don't have the time to be printing over and over.

Example: I had a film recently where I had already finished and then last minute their client, a huge brand, decide they wanted 20 or 30sec of overall time cut out of the 3min film. so a second here and there. And this thing was hitting the public the next morning… See where I'm going here.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:02 PM

I just learned 4 key people have left Avid to join Gobbler.
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...o-gobbler.html
This along with other bad news such as Avid being delisted from NASDAQ has made my anger and frustration turn to concern.
I would hate to see them go under because many people are much more heavily invested in Pro Tools than I.
I will stop the Avid bashing and consider it loss.
I hope they can get their act together.

Emilio
Old 06-14-2014, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogregomixmaster.net View Post
can an avid rep responsibly please answer the following questions ;

B)when can we expect the update?

Thanks,
og
+ 10000000
Old 06-14-2014, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECmaj7 View Post
I just learned 4 key people have left Avid to join Gobbler.
http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...o-gobbler.html
This along with other bad news such as Avid being delisted from NASDAQ has made my anger and frustration turn to concern.
I would hate to see them go under because many people are much more heavily invested in Pro Tools than I.
I will stop the Avid bashing and consider it loss.
I hope they can get their act together.

Emilio
Do you even know why Avid was delisted from NASDAQ?

Hint: It's really not a big deal if you know anything about it other than what you read on boards such as this...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 06-14-2014, 07:51 AM

I'm not sure if this is precisely the same problem as demoed in the YT video, but I've got something similar...

The included screencap is of the routing I use to process a bass guitar. I shouldn't be seeing a track delay like this—it's not a particularly complex routing, and it's all stock AAX Native plugins. It's really annoying when I'm trying to practice or track with a given sound...

PT11.1.3, running on Win8 Pro x64, Mbox 2 Mini.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg delay annoyance.jpg (42.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by eddievhfan1984; 06-14-2014 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Additional H/W details