Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM

Default Re: New workaround for ADC/EZ Drummer multi-outs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
64-bit Protools is less than a year old now. Give it some time...
I'm with the other guy too. This bug isn't just a bug. I've been part of this from the very beginning and have well documented my struggles. I've been able to do more then ever with PT because of 11 but I've had to work harder then ever doing gymnastics around all the bugs and the ADC fiasco.

I could deal with the fact I have to put my Sound Toys on an aux and send Massive there to process. Also other Plugs that cause CPU spikes when put in a certain order. BUG… Sessions sent to Avid

I could deal with my Drum Buss not playing and having to deactivate / reactivate after soloing. BUG… Session sent to Avid.

I could sort of deal with the Import Session Data issues with multi out VIs. BUG. Sessions sent to Avid.

But having to nudge around printed audio because it's no longer sync'd and not where it was programmed also the issue it creates to picture which causes me to second guess everything I'm hearing. Beyond frustrating. I'm shocked I made it through my last trailer deadline. I felt like I was waking up for a battle every morning.

This ADC bug is just unacceptable. If I wasn't in the middle of projects most of the time now, I'd jump ship. Now just contacting Avid almost weekly though multiple service tickets to HELP.

This post house that's doing the SFX for this film I'm on is a test place for AVID they were there installing a new console last time I was there. It took some will power not to just dump all my frustration with 11 on them.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numi View Post
How did such a major bug, such as this…get missed, and then released(or maybe wasn't missed, and released anyways)?
Maybe Avid needed money bad so they released PT11 knowing about this bug?
Anyone feeling completely ripped off?

Emilio
Old 06-12-2014, 03:28 PM

That's what I've started to think. It's a function they decided to skip to get 11 out… Maybe.

I feel ripped off. I feel like anyone that's gone through sending them sessions, all the lost time figuring out issues / workarounds should be refunded for 11. I knew there would be bugs in 11 but it's FAR exceeded what I thought I'd find. Definitely one of the most difficult things I've been through software-wise since being a kid, working on PCs, trying to get games to work back in mid / early 90s.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:21 PM

Default Re: Delay Compensation bug in PT11 with AOS plug-ins

The point of my (apparently irritating) post earlier is this (hopefully less irritatingly): If this were an easy fix it would have been done by now. They've clearly stated that they know of the issue and are working on a resolution. What more do people want? If it's a "deal breaker" then move on (or just use PT10). The people most hurt by these bugs are those that want to run PTs on a new MAC and therefor HAVE to use PT11 since it's the only version supported on Mavericks.

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 06-12-2014, 09:24 PM

What more do I want?
My money back PERIOD!
I haven't been able to use PT 11 for what? a year now.
Just use PT 10?
That's like trying to stand up in a room with a 4 foot ceiling.
I have moved on... Cubase, Ableton, Logic
Emilio
Old 06-13-2014, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECmaj7 View Post
I have moved on... Cubase, Ableton, Logic
Emilio
I guess my LAST question would be, why haven't you moved on from the DUC then?

System 2: Pro Tools 23.9 (no Hardware), Mac OS 13.2.1, MBP (Macbook Air M2, 2022 24Gig Ram)
Old 06-13-2014, 08:39 AM

Are we not anticipating a fix?

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Because I want to keep poking a finger in Avid's eye until they fix it or I get my money back.
What's it to you?
Why are you defending Avid?

E
Old 06-13-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECmaj7 View Post
Maybe Avid needed money bad so they released PT11 knowing about this bug?
Anyone feeling completely ripped off?

Emilio
Not feeling ripped off by Avid; I just render my multiple output vi's to audio before using any fx. Rather than go on and on about it I do the render and get on with my work. Do I want it fixed? Definitely. Will I sit and stew about it? No. It's not the end of the world people.

QAPLA!
Old 06-13-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim R. View Post
Whilst I am kicking myself for prematurely buying PT11 before fully testing the demo, I live in hope that Avid are sufficiently interested to fix the ADC bug.

So, having invested in PT11, I now want them to release a fix for this. Like Emilio, this 36 page thread is the only means we all have of expressing our displeasure and demanding something be done.

I cannot understand how anyone can work professionally with PT11 with it in its present state. And I find it surprising that anyone would consider paying for PT12 where one of its major "features" would be that it no longer messed the timing of tracks up!