Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 01-14-2019, 08:17 PM

Default I have my folders... but lost ALL the files?

Hi. I know this might seem like a stupid post, but seriously. . . all my folders in a specific directory (of which there are many sessions) are intact, as well as sub-folders (Bounced Files, Audio, etc) but there is not a single file within any of those folders.

Some of these sessions had multiple files (I give each a new file name every time I log off) yet they are now gone.

I did make back-ups, on external drives, but they have gone too!

Finally, I back up to pCloud...same there. The directory structure is intact, but no files to be seen anywhere.

Has anyone ever seen this before? I wonder if it is to do with me setting pCloud to automatically back-up these files?

Thanks to anyone that has any suggestions!

Regards, Mick.
Twin Xeon processors
64GB DRAM
Apollo Quad + satellite
Multiple Enterprise class SSDs (mixed use endurance)
Solid State Logic Nucleus.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:43 AM

Default Re: I have my folders... but lost ALL the files?

You’re in the Mac section, but sig says PC. Anyway, check to see if the files were moved to another folder in your user folder, i.e. iCloud or OneDrive. If your sessions were in your documents folder, I know that certain configurations of OneDrive will move all your existing files in your Documents folder to the OneDrive Documents folder. Don’t use iCloud on the PC here, but it may operate like OneDrive when sync is setup.
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Old 01-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Default Re: I have my folders... but lost ALL the files?

First thing I'd do is open one of the sessions and see where the relink window says the files are *supposed* to be - if in fact they're supposed to be in one of those folders that's empty then yeah, it's probably down to some kind of disk management problem. But if you're lucky you've just got disk allocation assigned somewhere other than where you think and the files will be there. Good luck!

----------------------------------------
Mac Studio / Ventura, PT 2023.12.HDX, Avid HD I/Os and Metric Halo ULN8, 3xS1/Dock
Also running a Mac Studio Ultra / Ventura / HDX / MTRX / S6