Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)

Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Default Mbox 3 Flashing lights

Was just in the middle of doing some recording when my Mbox suddenly disconnected from the computer and appeared to be starting itself over. Of course I had to shut down Pro Tools because it became disconnected in the middle of the session.

The Mbox however kept flashing its lights in order like it was starting up only to shut off and do it again kind of like a boot loop.

Things I've tried:
Disconnecting Mbox and reconnecting
Changing USB Ports
Changing USB Cable
Uninstall Drivers, Restart, Re-Install Drivers. (1.1.4)

At this point I don't know anything else to do. When opening the Mbox control panel it says "Hardware not connected" and the Mbox continues its little light show.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 AM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Flashing lights

1) Try the Mbox 3 on a different PC/Mac if possible (will need to download drivers) in order to discern whether it's a hardware or software problem. If it doesn't work on another computer (with the correct drivers) then the problem lies with the Mbox3

2) If it's software - Try reinstalling Pro Tools?

3) If it's software - Check to download most recent drivers

4) If it's hardware - You could try 're-flashing' the firmware?

Old 06-01-2014, 02:20 AM

Hi there guys , i have the same problem with my Mbox 3 and i am using macbook pro, quite old one. and i was using it and suddenly it disconnected and started the light show. pleaaasssseee if you have found the answer of the problem let me know. PLEASE.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:23 AM

hi there . i see that you had the same problem as me a long time ago. can you please help me out. i've tried uninstall and re installing my drivers, i bought a powered USB hub , and i've tried it with my friend's computers and it worked. it's just not working with my own laptop. do you think its a problem with my laptop or...? Please help me out.