Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-21-2010, 07:37 PM

Question Battery 3 and Pro Tools 8

I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem, or knows of a solution. I have Battery 3 routed into Pro Tools Via MIDI channels and Aux tracks. The cells in Battery are assigned to different MIDI channels, and different outputs, all of which is mirrored in Pro Tools. I've checked my routing several times, and it seems to match up.

The strangest thing is happening. On play back, notes are being dropped, and it's random, meaning its not always the same notes that are being dropped. The funny thing is, if I switch the same routing to run reason 4(MIDI assignments & output assignments), it works perfectly, no notes at all are dropped.

Native Instruments hasn't been much help yet. Anyone know what to do?
Old 06-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Banned

Default Re: Battery 3 and Pro Tools 8

It is with everything. Even with my external synths and drum machines. Ill be recording or playing back and it will skip a note. It is random so I just rerecord and keep moving
Old 06-21-2010, 11:19 PM

I'm curious as to how you're using the separate midi channels with Battery. Seems like it might make things more complicated. Battery has multiple outputs, so if it's for mixing, you can still route them to individual aux tracks for separate processing, and just use one instrument track for Battery.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:32 AM

I ran into a similar thing with Battery 2 in Sonar 8.3.1 What remedied it was to lengthen a parameter Cakewalk calls 'MIDI data prepare' or 'MIDI buffer'. These may not be the exact terms as it's been a while since I've had to deal with it. Either way the upshot was the MIDI notes were being triggered to quickly for the system and software to respond. Had to slow things down. Was maddening because as the OP said it's not the same notes all the time, and sometimes the track would play correctly.

Just one more MIDI problem with PT I guess.

QAPLA!