Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2016, 12:27 PM

Default Re: "AAE error - 536870192 was encountered"

Hi, I had the same problem with a mbox mini (3g) and I've just fixed it by choosing the pro tools agregate (including the mbox mini) for hardware setup. I have the I/O of the mbox available (and mor) and no more problem! I hope it will helps you!
(sorry for my english, I can try to explain better if it's not clear)
Old 05-03-2016, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparrilla View Post
"AAE error - 536870192 was encountered"

Has anyone else seen this error? I'm told by Avid is a very rare error and can't figure it out.
I get this error all the time. Avid still hasn't been able to figure out what's wrong. I think it has something to do with simultaneous playback. Happens on my SSD and my external HD.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon R9 M370X 2048 MB

Pro Tools 12.4
Mbox Mini
Old 05-04-2016, 06:46 PM

First of all I want to thank everyone in this community who have posted about their experiences with Re: "AAE error - 536870192 was encountered", particularly "Romaindar". I posted this same error message in the ProTools First discussion group and then found my way here. After reading all of your posts I went back and started at the beginning.

I had just upgraded the Avid drivers for my MBox Mini V3 and then I uninstalled and then re-installed ProTools First...as soon as I started recording the Re: "AAE error - 536870192 was encountered" came up.

I used "Romaindar's" suggestion about "choosing" the ProTools aggregate, I wasn't sure what he meant at first so, I launched ProTools First and went up to "Setup" in the PTF menu and selected "Hardware". It opens a window labeled "Audio Devices" with the following options on the left side of the window: Build-in Microphone, Built-in Output, Avid Mbox Mini and Pro Tools Aggregate I/O. I selected Pro Tools Aggregate I/O. On the bottom portion of this "Audio Devices" window the first 3 options above are listed again: "Build-in Microphone, Built-in Output, Avid Mbox Mini" with boxes to be checked.

If you check all three of the boxes you'll receive a "CPU Bus Overload" error message, so uncheck the Built-in Microphone and Built-in Output boxes and ONLY CHECK the Avid Mbox Mini box.

I closed out that widow with the Red Close button on the upper left of the window and went into my ProTools First Edit window.

There in the track I wanted to record in I went to the I/O window just to the left of the track and I selected: •interface. √ in 1 (Mono). I'm doing a voiceover mono recording for this track. I click out of that little window option and just below it for the output I select: • output √ Out 1-2 (Stereo). I click out of that little box and I start recording. I recorded a 2.5 hour session today with No error messages at all. I then did a playback of that entire session, again NO error messages. I'm going to continue to test this through the weekend but I believe these setting have eliminated my original "AAE error - 536870192 was encountered" message. Thanks to everyone for all of your input. My best, Steb
Old 05-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Have been interacting with Avid Support re: this error. Here's the latest response from Avid (below). So far, adding the MBox Mini to the PT Aggregate I/O device in AMS solution they provided has (fingers crossed) been successful for a few hours.

-------------------------------
Are you using any Bluetooth devices at the moment? Can you try these things to see if there is a change.

Disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on your Mac when running Pro Tools.

Change the Mbox Mini to the other USB port on your system.

Try a different USB cable.

Let me know if this has any effect on the error you are getting. We have had very small number of Mbox Mini users report this error with the Mbox Mini under El Capitan.

One workaround would be to add the Mbox Mini to the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O device in AMS and the use the Pro Tools Aggregate I/O as your Current Playback Engine in Pro Tools.
-----------------------------------------------
Pro Tools 12.4.0

Mac OSX 10.11.3

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
2.5 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

MBox Mini 3rd Gen

Last edited by JLeigh2024; 05-05-2016 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:13 AM

Hello Guys... just came up with the same error, also on PT 12.5, El Capitan OS X and MBox mini 3gen. MacBook Pro mid 2015, 16 gig ram.
I am using this rig on a playback situation, with only 2 tracks on playback, no plugins. I cannot use the aggregate I/O since I need to route tracks to different outs through the Mbox mini, music through 1 out, and TC through 2out.
This is very recent, and I am suffering on set, because playback gets hung randomly. Rebooting doesn't seem to have an effect, nor changing the sample rate...
Also, after playback randomly stops, and pressing ok on the dialog box, the system still playbacks ok.... but the random stops kills my responsibility on set...since TC gots to be continuous for it to work properly.
bbtodrum
Old 09-14-2016, 06:35 PM

Back here!!... the aggregate I/O option works flawlessly... tried it and solve the issue. No hungs on set today. Thanks.
Old 11-23-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaindar View Post
Hi, I had the same problem with a mbox mini (3g) and I've just fixed it by choosing the pro tools agregate (including the mbox mini) for hardware setup. I have the I/O of the mbox available (and mor) and no more problem! I hope it will helps you!
AVID needs to hire you.

Thanks. Fixed.
Old 01-03-2017, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romaindar View Post
I love you.... problem solved!!
Old 05-31-2017, 08:15 AM

Still getting this error running PT 12.6 on Mac OS El Capitan, mbox mini (v1.3.4). When I select Setup/Hardware I do not see the "Audio devices" window or any option to select aggregate I/O, rather I only can launch setup app for mbox mini. I CAN select Aggregate I/O from playback engine setup of course, but then I get the error message "selected playback engine unable to playback 44.1kHz".
Old 07-12-2017, 10:30 PM

Same problem here too...PT 12.8 stops when recording/playback time to time...pisses me off quite...gives me only Avid Mbox Mini option on "Hardware Setup"-window(Peripherals section),nothing about ProTools Aggregate I/O-option..should I uninstall PT and install again to get that option...how about all the plugins,shoud they be re-installed too...quite a slow & demanding job...I updated OS X Yosemite to Sierra and then this "AAE error - 536870192 was encountered"- text/error started and PT stops during recording/playback...AVID hoy...fix the bug or do I have to buy another audio device that works...someone recommend me what would be better and as cheap device than MboxMini3rd Gen if this problem don´t solve or Avid won´t fix the update best regards nipa

MacBookPro(13-inch,Mid 2012)
Mac OS Sierra 10.12.5
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 Gb 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Graphics 4000,1536 Mb
Mbox 3 Mini
Pro Tools LE 12.8.0