Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-23-2020, 03:54 PM

Default PT 11 to 12.8.3?

Hey everyone, i havent been here in years! I have PT 11 that I have been running for ever with no issue. I now have a machine with Mac OS High Sierra installed and read PT 12.8.3. is compatible. Can i upgrade just to that version somehow?
Old 07-23-2020, 06:25 PM

Default Re: PT 11 to 12.8.3?

Not simply, if you purchase anything from a dealer or the Avid store that will get you up to the latest stuff, depending on how you exactly did that you could also run Pro Tools 12.. but why would you when you could also run Pro Tools 2020.5 with that license bundle.

You could purchase a used Pro Tools 12.6 or later licenses (be careful it's not a 12.5 or earlier license). And do a formal license transfer and all the other dicking around. And risk being ripped off, and maybe not saving anything anyhow even if you were not ripped off. Personally I'd not bother.

Your choices to get to 2020.5 are to switch to a subscription plan, you can do that with any dealer or on Avid's online store. Or to purchase a license reinstatement which you can only do from dealers (like this https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...e-expired-plan). I would do the later.

If you are not sure of your options, don't understand subscription vs perpetual with annual update/support fees etc. then I would phone Sweetwater and talk to a sales rep.
Old 07-23-2020, 09:24 PM

Ok thanks, i wasnt aware TT 2020 worked, i just kept reading that PT 12.8.3 was stable and working fine in Mac OS High Sierra
Old 07-23-2020, 09:33 PM

The first place you should pay attention to is always: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...tibility-Chart

Pro Tools 2020.5 is a pretty good release.
Old 07-24-2020, 09:37 AM

Thanks!