Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2015, 08:12 AM

Default Re: El Capitan Support for Artist Series

Hopefully soon
Old 10-10-2015, 11:43 AM

It's now been almost a month since this thread was started & many of us who choose to keep up to date with software releases are unable to use the equipment that we've shelled out good hard earned money for. Can someone please give me an E.T.A. on when this issue will be resolved?

As far as I am concerned, this is completely unacceptable. All my other hardware/software is working perfectly except Avid. I've downloaded the license transfer card & am putting my artist mix & transport along with PT 10/11 up for sale & you guys are about to lose another customer.

Avid needs to get its affairs in order. It's easy to find a new customer who is new to the business & sees how nice your gear looks, it's something completely different to win over the LOYALTY of a repeat customer by proving to them that you provide a superior product with superior support. Not sure if any one gives a **** or not, but I'm putting it out there anyhow.

Very, Very unprofessional.

Guitarist - River City Junction
Producer - Tone King Records
Old 10-10-2015, 11:45 AM

PS - If anyone in this forum is interested in buying my artist mix/transport with PT10/11, please contact me via PM, or either of my websites.

Old 10-10-2015, 11:53 AM
Avid

Here's a release from Avid.
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/e...EUCON-and-ISIS

Best regards,
CD
Old 10-10-2015, 10:20 PM

lol Yeah right. That "release" from Avid just states the obvious which we already know. I asked for an E.T.A. - even a ball park estimate. You guys are perpetually behind the curve with updates & you're like ****ing politicians when it comes to giving people a straight answer about anything. I'm done. Congratulations, you just lost another customer. You could have at least tried to answer my question & let your customer base know what is going on. It's really too bad. I really loved the Artist Mix/Transport when it worked, but I am just no longer willing to tolerate this. I left Pro Tools behind many years ago for these very same reasons & when I decided to come back just less than a year ago, I thought to myself: "Well... Maybe things have changed... Maybe they've caught up with the times..." lol It took less than a year this time to lose me yet again & just completely turn me off. I won't be purchasing or endorsing Avid products again.

Old 10-11-2015, 08:41 PM

You would think that one of the things we are paying for with the service plan would be to get timely updates. As big as Avid is I'm sure they were aware of the Apple OS update many months ago. There is no excuse for this reactive company. They should try being proactive. Thank you Avid for the free plug ins during the version 12 update but I would trade them all back in for a reliable operating DAW with timely updates. My advice, during NAMM and I'm sure at many other music conventions, all those guys standing around the Avid booth doing nothing...leave them at the office and put them to work on the updates.
Old 10-13-2015, 09:31 AM

How is this progressing please, sorry I'm not of the opinion that we should have to run older versions of an OS to accomadate developers who don't have compatible versions of hardware drivers available, Avid is a major software company and have known for a long time that Apple would be releasing newer versions of OSX, it's been available to developers for many months so please can we have a compatible version of EU Control or at the very least can we please have some idea of when this is coming other than a we're working on it message. I am sitting here with some very expensive work surfaces switched off because there is no working software to run them on the current version of OSX. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2015, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrismix View Post
How is this progressing please, sorry I'm not of the opinion that we should have to run older versions of an OS to accomadate developers who don't have compatible versions of hardware drivers available, Avid is a major software company and have known for a long time that Apple would be releasing newer versions of OSX, it's been available to developers for many months so please can we have a compatible version of EU Control or at the very least can we please have some idea of when this is coming other than a we're working on it message. I am sitting here with some very expensive work surfaces switched off because there is no working software to run them on the current version of OSX. Thanks!
That's not how it works. Both Apple and MS add/remove things and change the API's that break compatibility up until the night before the Final is released. For most they cannot waste the resources on the months of beta incarnations. They wait for the Final. There are still more companies than not who have not qualified El Capitan. UA, a great customer service company, takes an average of 4 months to qualify a new OSX. I still don't understand the rush to update an O/S but the bleeding edge comes with a lot of waiting.
Old 10-13-2015, 12:08 PM

Thanks but let's agree to disagree, I understand the process.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:14 PM

Should I also wait to purchase a new computer which has El Capitan loaded? Should I wait to purchase the S3 and PT HD? Maybe I should wait until Avid comes out with their own OS...not going to happen. Why does it take 4 months?